cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is CRAZY!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is CRAZY!!!

THIS IS CRAZY...I've been a Sprint customer for years and every since I converted to androids Sprint has been known for being one of this first carriers to release all updates for all phones...but this ICS update for the evo 3d is taking forever. Anyone who has been following the update knows they have a fully working version for the phone alreqdy. Now I see that android is getting ready to drop android 4.1...jelly bean....AND I'M STILL WAITING FOR ICS!!!! This is crazy. At this point I don't know what to do. I'm wanting to upgrade but if I upgrade to the new Evo for me and my girl but at this rate I'm thinking jump ship because making money seems to be more important than keeping a loyal customer and making someone wait isn't how you do it.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: This is CRAZY!!!

Agreed....Sprint was the first carrier to start ICS testing. Now they will not release it to their customers despite the fact that it seems all or most other carriers have pushed the update. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and from what I understand it is not likely that Sprint will release ICS to us this year. Instead it would seem that if you want it you would have to purchase the new Galaxy S3. I suppose it is a great way for them to sell phones, but it is a shitty way to keep my business. I have been with Sprint for over 15 years and they still haven't figured out customer service. I think this is the straw that will break the camel's back. I am going to switch to Verizon or AT&T as soon as my contract is up. They have no loyalty to good customers why should I hang around?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try 3rd party installation

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trust me I've thought about it but I shouldn't have to if they have the real one ready to be sent out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why should Sprint waste time and expense on updating devices that have reachd end of life status and are not even offered on their website anymore?  The next generation of devices are available with the upgraded OS and they need to be sold.  Sprint has no incentive to bring old devices up to the standard of the new.

Rule of thumb - Never buy a device if you're not satisfied with it as is out of the box. 

"Loyalty" is a human quality.  Sprint is a corporation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with your frustration although I have only been with Sprint for nearly 7 years. The one question that I really want addressed is how can an "Executive" make a statement of that caliber ("the Evo 3D will be getting ICS in June" and seeing as June will be over in 2 days) and it NOT happen. I have repeatedly check the forum & other online sources to see if there was a retraction or date change and there is NOTHING. Sprint is becoming less & less of a model company & more a company that one loves to hate with the: LIES, DECEPTION, MANIPULATION, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE...the list could go on & on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat