cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Cellular bought by sprint, can I use a US Cellular phone on the sprint network now?

Journeyman

US Cellular bought by sprint, can I use a US Cellular phone on the sprint network now?

Hello I have a Samsung Galaxy S from US cellular that is not being used since I have sprint. I heard sprint purchased US Cellular, so my question is can I have the phone activated on the sprint network?

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: US Cellular bought by sprint, can I use a US Cellular phone on the sprint network now?

seabeebob841,

Hello and thank you for your question. At this time there are still a number of things that need to take place for the deal to become completed. The deal still needs approval from federal agencies such as the FCC and DoJ. The expected deal closer time is set for mid-2013. Details regarding the use of the Sprint network and logistics for moving over will be communicated at that time.

You may see our press release here: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2452

Thank you,

Chris

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.