cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change APN settings to get MMS on wifi with Moto G5Plus

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to change APN settings to get MMS on wifi with Moto G5Plus

Hi, I have a Moto G5Plus running Android 8.1.0.  I used to be able to send and receive MMS over wifi.  However, about a month ago or so I had an update to the device and I can no longer change APN settings.  When I open the network settings page, the APN settings simply isn't there (see attached image).  Is there any way to adjust these settings on this device?

Screenshot_20190126-095418.png

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Hey there MoodyBicepsGuy. Are you a Sprint customer? I want to check around on some troubleshooting for you but want to make sure I know you're a Sprint customer and none of our potential solutions are going to mess up anything with your existing carrier settings. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

Yes, I am with Sprint.  

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming. Can you please go ahead and dial *#*#SCRTN#*#* to restore the MMS token on your phone. Once it completes, please send out a MMS normally, then connect to Wi-Fi and attempt to send one out. Let us know if that works or not.

Highlighted

Unfortunately, that did not work.  I also still do not see APN settings in the mobile carrier settings.  Do you have any other ideas?

Highlighted

Can you try disconnecting from WiFi and try dialing *#*#SCRTN#*#* again for me? 

Highlighted

Unfortunately, that did not work.  The steps I followered were:

Turned off wifi,

Turn on LTE,

Dialed *#*#SCRTN#*#*,

After restart, sent an mms on LTE,

Connected to wifi,

Sent MMS, but got a failed error

Highlighted

Hi There,

I see you were trouble shooting with Greg, but he is off for the day. Can you send over your phone number and PIN and I can see if there is a setting on my end that is not set correctly? 

Highlighted

Ok, message sent
Wizard

Did you lose the ability to change the APN before or after this update in 12/1/18?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

I think it was before that time, but I'm also not really sure.
Highlighted

The APN is a feature that is not suppose to be able to be changed. I know you stated that you've changed it in the past, but this feature is suppose to be blocked to prevent the phone from being hacked. 

As for the MMS issue, are you receiving an error code?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat