cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming smartphones in 2013

Journeyman

Re: Upcoming smartphones in 2013

I cant upgrade early. My samsung s2 has some serious issue with the gps. its an ok phone but not very good one. I dont want a new samsung i think and i dont like the iphone. Iam very impresses with the nokia lumia 920 and also the sony experia sounds good. I dont know much about lg or htc. Are these good quality phones? there is a great htc phone coming out with a 5 inch hd display. Its caled the butterfly and Sony is coming with the yuga. My first smartphone was the droid when i was with verizon. T bad sprint does notmhave the droid. I really like motorolloa and their droid phones. Imsee what happens the coming month. I just wish Sprint could give us some more info about new phones for the coming year and so...

Journeyman

I am eager to find out what new phones will be coming out. I'm still using an Evo 4G and I'm VERY eligible for an upgrade, but the Sprint phones appear to be falling behind the other carriers. Is Sprint going to get an Evo LTE+ to match the AT&T One X+, or an HTC to match the Droid DNA on Verizon?

Journeyman

I'm also stuck using my Evo 4g still and eligible for an upgrade.... I'm waiting on the HTC equivalent of the DROID DNA. Sammy is unreliable and the materials they used on the Note II felt cheap. I knew instant love when I first handled the EVO 4g and have since felt that again when handling the DNA. I wish Sprint would give us a calendar of at least 3 months in new phones. @Zivojan, If the customer support team at sprint can be believed, the Windows phone will be the HTC one...(currently at AT&T and Verizon... tsk sprint tsk another phone lost to them? Really?). I've manhandled the HTC Windows phone... Take a trip and see if it is something you want to be strapped with for a year. (If you do early upgrades)

Wizard

Why not,  ill defend Sammy here Smiley Happy.  The S3 and Note2 are the best thing running.  Unbeatable right now. Will something come out in the next 6 months that is better?  Of course!

HTC needs to not only come out with top of the industry specs but also bring something new to the table that matters - like Samsung did.  Otherwise they lose again and again.

Journeyman

The Note 2 is a glorified HTC Flyer. Seriously. The Flyer had the scribe tech first, and the scribe only features. HTC hit it hole in one with their flagship tablet before Sammy saw the light. The only thing that made Sammy Note a monster was the size of it. Aye, the things a beast compared to the standard 4.7 inch screens these days. But HTC bounced back with the DNA and then hot on it's tail the M7, which are both monster phablets. HTC also knocked em dead with the Windows 8 phone. HTCs not to blame for Sprint not listening to the consumers, they have been skeeting out phones like octo-mom. I'm not knocking Sammy, HTC and their "Sense" needs recognition for innovation and production.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I'll have to watch NASCAR sprint cup races because that is when they show off or release (sell) the new phones to sprint users.

I noted that last year when @ some of the races they showed off the iphone 5 & samsung G2/G3.

RJ in VA

Master

I used to have HTC and I loved them, until I got my Note2, not to put HTC down, but I haven't seem them to bring out a phone with 1.6Ghz QuadCore processor, up to now. I might be wrong, maybe because I stopped looking around since I got my Note2. On the other hand, the perfect phone for me will be a phone with note2's specs and HTC sense in it. I love that user interface, much more then Samsung's.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

HTC M7 is going to be annouced on the 19th of this month. It will be a spec'ed up version of the Droid DNA and will be coming out on ALL MAJOR US CARRIERS. (That includes sprint)
We have WMC coming the end of this month, and we can expect a lot of new phone being annouced then. http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/

Here is some info about the HTC M7:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-One_id7678

Journeyman

theres the htc m7, im usre sammy will be putting out a gs4, and the two windows phones and htc and sammy i believe.  personally i would wait till there are phones out that support lte on the esmr 800 band at this point

GrandMaster

if im remembering correctly the majority of the phones released over seas are quad core. theyre only dual core here in the states...unless this is changing up with some of the new phones being released. only reason they didnt release a quad core earlier was due to none of them being able to run on LTE...well OUR LTE.

Dj_Damjano wrote:

I used to have HTC and I loved them, until I got my Note2, not to put HTC down, but I haven't seem them to bring out a phone with 1.6Ghz QuadCore processor, up to now. I might be wrong, maybe because I stopped looking around since I got my Note2. On the other hand, the perfect phone for me will be a phone with note2's specs and HTC sense in it. I love that user interface, much more then Samsung's.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

if im remembering right (i'll try to find the links for it) but that M7 was only the code name to the new HTC phone..the actual name is supposed to the the HTC ONE

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/02/14/htc-one-march-22-att-t-mobile-sprint/

http://phandroid.com/2013/02/14/htc-one-release-date-rumor/

http://androidandme.com/2013/02/smartphones-2/htc-one-coming-to-att-sprint-and-t-mobile-on-march-22n...

http://androidandme.com/tag/htc-m7/

Each site, and there are more, has additional links for the phone as well. Specs look very good.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-M7_id7678

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat