cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading in a couple weeks... Which phone to get?

Journeyman

Upgrading in a couple weeks... Which phone to get?

I will be eligible for an upgrade in 11 days, and I'm torn between the iPhone 5 and the S3. I currently have an Evo Shift 4G, which for the most part has been a good phone, but a little flaky as far as the Android part is concerned (Gingerbread). I've played around with both phones in the store, and both are great in their own ways. I am just concerned with call quality, as I do use my phone as a phone. Anyone have any insights or comments on call quality of the 2 phones?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Upgrading in a couple weeks... Which phone to get?

If you love your Shift 4G, then I would suggest staying with the SGS3. Keep in mind that the SGN2 (Note 2), is confirmed for the 25th, so if you dont mind the HUGE size that one would be highly recomended.

Also please visit my thread and take a look at the Padfone 2. You can help us convince Sprint to bring in to our service!

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/489781#489781

Journeyman

The Galaxy S3 is a great phone, does everything right, and the iPhone 5 is an iPhone, with all the good and bad that comes with that (mostly good).  It really comes down to a preference between android and iOS for your operating system.  If you decide to go android, I'd suggest waiting 21 days and check out the LG Optimus G. Same price, and crushes the S3 on processor, battery life, screen quality, camera, etc. Though if you're not ever planning to do anything that the S3 can't do well already, then there isn't a whole lot of reason to wait. The S3 does have the advantage that it is very much a known quantity. We don't know what problems, if any, will pop up over time with the LG. Though by the time it's released on the 11th of November, it'll have had a good month overseas for any hardware issues to become apparent.

I am planning to upgrade soon and it will be to samsung note 2 and I think it will be better then S3 and iphone 5.

Journeyman

I'd like to know how the Note 2 matches up with the LG Optimus G performance-wise.

Journeyman

In the thread i posted above, it contains a link benchmarks between the Optimus G, SGS3, SGN2, and Padfone 2.

Journeyman

Do not renew with Sprint.....Their service is terrible!!! And their customers service is even worse. They dont give a sh** about their customers
Journeyman

Maybe thats because of the way you treat them.

I have been very happy with Sprints customer service, they have provided answers to all of my questions, or at least refered me to the proper place to find them.

Also when it comes to Sprints service, I am more then happy.

If you would just understand the fact you have to wait until June when 95% of the 4G LTE rollout will be completed.

If you dont want to wait you can spend $30-$50 a month more, and get only 4GB of data with Verizon. You can switch to the service that has been consistantly rated with the worst customer service of any mobile company for the last 5 or so years with ATT. Then you could choose T-Mobile and get stuck with worse coverage and you get limited to 2GB of data.

Sprint has by far the best service for the money. I'd much rather pay my $91 a month for service that is completely unlimited and will soon offer the same coverage as ATT and Verizon, then pay over $130 a month for 4GB of data...

Journeyman

Wow Rogue your just gonna go ahead and assume that I treat Sprint bad?????? The bottom line is I have a business account that I am trying to run a business with and I cant do that when I cannot make calls or do not recieve calls....people have not even been able to leave me voicemails. I do understand that Verizon is a little bit more...I will be paying 160 a month for 2 phones with 6 gb of data between the two, before taxes. I can not continue with Sprint if they cant even offer me basic service and the fact that they wont let me out of my contract is the only thing I have a problem with

Wizard

If you are ready to upgrade, you are in luck. Sprint has recently released and soon to release a stellar line up. Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and the LG Optimus G are all amazing phones.

Journeyman

W0MBAT wrote:

I'd like to know how the Note 2 matches up with the LG Optimus G performance-wise.

Quadrant:

LG Optimus G 7439 (winner)

Galaxy Note II 6043

AnTuTu

LG Optimus G 11,226

Galaxy Note II 13,500 (winner)

Benchmark Pi

LG Optimus G 285 (winner)

Galaxy Note II 305

Linpack

LG Optimus G 608 (winner, by a massive margin)

Galaxy Note II 214.3

Browsermark, sunspider, GL benchmark, etc are a mixed bag. The browser/java centered ones tend to favor the Note, the processor/graphics centered ones favor the LG Optimus G (heavily)

Journeyman

Makes sense to me... Quad core Krait SHOULD best a Quad core based Cortex-A9 CPU in most, if not all categories.

Any graphics GL Benches?

Hows does Adreno 320 match against Mali-400 ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat