cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Sprint iPhone?

Journeyman

Used Sprint iPhone?

I was browsing the forums and more than one person has said that you have to buy the iPhone FROM Sprint in order to be able to use it. I understand not being able to use a used iPhone from AT&T on Sprint, but these people are specifically saying that you must buy the iPhone from Sprint yourself, otherwise it won't work if you buy it used from another Sprint customer. So, if I buy a used iPhone from someone that bought it from Sprint, it won't work because I didn't purchase it directly from Sprint myself?

THANKS.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Used Sprint iPhone?

This is not correct. As long as the iPhone is a Sprint iPhone and not negatively flagged (lost, stolen, currently active on another account, or from an account written off), you can activate the phone. You cannot purchase AppleCare+ with it, but you can still activate the phone itself.  If you were interested in doing so, most reputable phone sellers will willingly provide you the ESN/MEID to allow you to verify that the phone is clear to activate with us.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Used Sprint iPhone?

I seen several going on eBay and seems they are all going for more than full retail. If it's a Sprint phone with a good ESN, you can activate it and use it. Without contract or in place of whatever device you are using now on your current contract if it is the same device plan w/ $10 premium data... and if not, just add the extra data charge.

Wizard

Used Sprint iPhone?

I buy and sell Sprint phones all the times. As long as the ESN is clean you are good.

Journeyman

Used Sprint iPhone?

Do I have any options if I bought an iphone 4s from an indvidual, unopended and new. I went to activate it and it will not connect to my account. It has a different phone number than mine. Is there anything I can do?

Wizard

Used Sprint iPhone?

You'll need to call customer care from a different phone and go into Settings > General > About and provide them with the MEID listed in the iphone so they can apply it to your line of service. Then, most likely you will need to reset the device by going to Settings > General > Reset all Content > Erase iphone > Erase iphone. Don't worry about resetting the phone until you've called customer service for the device swap.

Journeyman

Used Sprint iPhone?

I have talked to Sprint, Best Buy and Apple. All have said that the iphone is worthless because it is attached to someone elses account. Unless I can get hold of them so they deactivate the phone I am stuck. No chance of getting ahold of the person who activated the phone.

Thanks for the help though...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat