cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usual Sprint 3G Coverage is currently Extended 1x

Journeyman

Usual Sprint 3G Coverage is currently Extended 1x

Where I work (Mercury, NV, 89023), I usually get at least Sprint 3G inside my building, with some places having LTE and the entire area outside having LTE.  This past week, I have been receiving only Extended 1x coverage, leading me to believe there's an issue with the cell tower.  I'm hoping someone from Sprint can check this and get back to me.  If there is an issue, is it a temporary problem that is working to be fixed, or is this a period of updates to the tower where coverage will be minimal for an extended period of time?  I have an iPhone 8, in case that information seems necessary.

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: Usual Sprint 3G Coverage is currently Extended 1x

post the closest cross streets to that location so the agent can look at specific towers for issues.

no physical address.

also are there any other Sprint phone users there? and if so are they seeing the same thing or no?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm aware that I should be posting cross streets, but this location is remote enough so that those should be unnecessary.  There's likely only one tower that functions for this area.  There aren't really any cross streets anyway.  As for the other Sprint users, I haven't found anyone else that uses Sprint here.  Typically, all of the users out here are AT&T.  Thanks for the tips!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

shoot. that one alone helps narrow down if its a device hiccup or actual network. once you leave the area though your signal comes back?

also what all have you tried out so far troubleshooting wise? update the profile and PRL? phone restart?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I should have expanded on that, too, you're right.  The signal doesn't come back right away.  I work in a very remote location, so there aren't any cell towers immediately nearby.  It usually doesn't come back until I get back in town (Las Vegas).  I thought I was getting my signal back because it reappeared for a couple of minutes, but it's gone again now, so I spoke too soon.

As for troubleshooting, I've turned off my phone for several minutes and also forced a reset (since it's an Apple product).  I've also tried updating the profile and the PRL, but when I do, I get a notification reading "Service Update Failed."

GrandMaster

yeah for sure something with the network. could be an issue with the antenna pointing your direction or the whole tower itself.  one of the agents in here can get a better look into it. if nothing is showing on their side they can then put in a ticket to have it physically checked for issues.

Sprint Social Care

Hello @mltotten ,can you please provide us the ZIP code where you are located? We'll need some kind of information to track down the tower you are using.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's in the original post, @Sprint_Jeffrey, along with the rest of the information I can provide

Sprint Social Care

@mltotten, this area shows Best LTE, but some parts show Fair LTE or non-LTE. It should not be extended unless there is a cell site outage we haven't identified yet. I may need to submit a ticket as @fireguy_6364 stated, but we'll need the exact location. I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

As an update, this issue seemed to fix itself for a while but it's happening again.  Hoping that the Sprint folk can figure this out quickly.  It's all the same as before.  More likely than not, it's an outage, but it would be comforting to at least know what the issue is and that they're trying to fix it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat