cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low speed or no data in Richmond VA (zip 23219)

Journeyman

Very low speed or no data in Richmond VA (zip 23219)

Screenshot_20180412-142940_Speedtest.jpgRichmond VA 23219Just switched to Sprint yesterday and discovered the data service is very poor in downtown Richmond VA (zip 23219).  Half of the time I have "Zero" upload speed from Speedtest.  This is on a brand new Samsung 9+ and I have done all the refresh and updates as suggested by Sprint.  I checked the coverage map before I signed up and this is supposed to be a good coverage area with LTE service.  This is pretty bad.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Very low speed or no data in Richmond VA (zip 23219)

the agents that assist will need a tad bit more info to look into this..starting with the closest cross streets to the problem areas so they can look at specific towers..have you updated the profile or anything? what troubleshooting have you done already and where there any improvements even if it was for a little bit? are there any other Sprint phones around you that are seeing the same thing?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The closest cross street is E Main St and S 12th Street.  The speedtest was done  E Main St, Richmond VA 23219.

Zero improvements after all the troubleshooting. 

GrandMaster

was this purchased from Sprint, unlocked direct from Samsung or some other route? and do you know of any other Sprint phone owners around you and are they seeing the same thing or no?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is an unlocked phone purchased directly from Samsung. I don't know any other Sprint phone owners. I had AT&T and Verizon service before. I can get 8 to 10 Mps Download and 2 to 3 Mps Upload with both carriers consistently in the same area.
Sprint Social Care

Ast233,

Hi! I was able to take a look into the area where you've been experiencing these issues with the service and I can see that there's not outages. Are you experiencing issues with calls and text? What is the make/model of your device?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My phone is an one month old Samsung Galaxy S9+.  If you read my earlier posting, you will see that it is an unlocked phone purchased directly from Samsung.  In downtown Richmond, there is a 3 to 4 block area (see earlier posting) in the middle of the financial district with abysmal data service (call is fine).  The data service is very very poor with almost zero upload speed most of the time. 

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180413-134114_Speedtest.jpg

Wizard

@Ast233,

Let us try some troubleshooting steps. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat