cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY NOT TO BUY A LTE PHONE, just yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHY NOT TO BUY A LTE PHONE, just yet

Look remember when we all bought phones from sprint and we had no 4g but had to pay 10 buks extra.

Same things all over again, wait till your area gets LTE, then go ahead and buy an LTE phone, i am; jsut not yet.

Not going to pay for something thats not evern up and running.

Now yoru probably thinking hey they have 4g now, why wont i have 4g when i get the new phone, its a long story, but its a diffrent frequency.

we now have wimax 4g, the new 4g is lte, the new lte phones dont support the old wimax 4g technology. Think im lying as yoru sprint represenative, they will tell you they same, dont ask they aint telling you crap, dont ask dont tell. They will let you buy it, and not tell you , cause you butt didnt ask.

So my suggestion , update your phone to ice cream and hold on to it until LTE is complete. trust me its like a new phone all over again once you update

now when will sprint update

when all the posers who want the lastest and greatest run out and get their new LTE phone with ice ceam and no 4g,losers

oh yeah and all the people who are frustrated on waiting for spring to update and they never didnt.

paintence is a virtue, next group of posers,  so yes youll be stuck with an older phone, but a older phone running the lates software and still have 4g, and if you rooted have free tethering, for you non techy's thats a free wifi hotspot.

hae having an old phone, iphone userrs do it, they have old iphone 3gs but with new io5 on it, if they can do it so can you

i like sprint, been with them for years, best hands down deal, sahdy at times but i love em.

im not going anywhere, but you got to get the most for your money,a dn right now there the best out there

p.s. if you have a htc evo 4g great phone, it runs good on ice cream ive seen it

well actually its cynogen, but its still a great phone. my suggestion get the photon, htec evo 3d, update then ride out until the end of 2013 that when LTE might be ready.

oh yeah if you dont have 4g in your area now, dont think youll be getting lte

Ok im done venting, just finished rooting my friends htc evo 3d, hes happy, he was about to trade it in for the new HTC evo lte, until i pimp slapped him

no hes all giddy and happy like a school girl over his new phone.   damn.... he just hit me

he likes his phone now, he jsut afraid to admit it

p.s.s. i posted on the forums where to get your phone updated to icecream, my suggestion though, dont wait on sprint, root and flash the rom

you wait on sprint you will be frustrated, and you might block access to future rooting. Htc lets you root, sprint doenst want you to

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

There is nothing official, but you can check this link and get real time info on each towers progress for Network Vision.

https://network.sprint.com

Some towers I am getting 1 mb and others only 50 kb. This will let you know what's going on in your area.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

only problem with that link though is it doesnt show any of the NV upgrades..only backhaul fixes and such.

only place that is kicking out any NV/LTE info that is even close to being accurate is s4gru.com

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats where I got the link.

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to s4gru that link

is network vision. I just checked the thread again to make sure I was reading it right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow OP, gave me a headache.

Since LTE is on its way and new phones are offering more than just LTE, it's not necessarily a bad idea to get a newer phone now.  "Posers" can benefit from newer features that are not available on older phones.  I am not a Sprint customer yet, but soon-to-be when I can escape from my T-Mobile contract.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i'll have to try and pull up an area that is actually having NV added. if anyone pulls up that thread and theire area ISNT getting NV anytime soon they will only see backhaul upgrades to data speeds, capacity and voice.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

/start tirade

I bought my EVO 4g because it got great reviews and Sprint 'had' a comprehensive 4g rollout plan that included OKC. Since I run all over OKC solving my company's problems, this was going to be great for me. Unfortunately, as we all know, Sprint never makes a promise it intends to keep. Not only did my state disappear from the rollout after 3 months buying the phone, but Sprint customer service told me Oklahoma was not even on the rollout list to begin with. I e-mailed a copy of my print screen; they said it was fake. LAWLZ!

My Evo 4g is working just fine for the purpose for which I am using it. I am not gonna get suckered into buying the latest & greatest Evo (despite its enhancements), only to get screwed over again. My contract is up in December, and unless I get notified OKC will be added by this time next year, I'll be shopping for a new service provider. My colleagues are thinking along the same lines.. and why wouldn't they? We don't "need" the new enhancements (yet) and Sprint has dealt in bad faith before.

While I am certain Sprint had very good business reasons to screw over many, many cities, it doesn't sit well for those of us who have been loyal customers for over 8 yrs. I'm sure Sprint will vehemently disagree with my and my colleague's on this point of view, I simply do not care what they think what our viewpoint should be.

/end tirade

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat