ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY NOT TO BUY A LTE PHONE, just yet

Journeyman

Re: WHY NOT TO BUY A LTE PHONE, just yet

There is nothing official, but you can check this link and get real time info on each towers progress for Network Vision.

https://network.sprint.com

Some towers I am getting 1 mb and others only 50 kb. This will let you know what's going on in your area.

GrandMaster

only problem with that link though is it doesnt show any of the NV upgrades..only backhaul fixes and such.

only place that is kicking out any NV/LTE info that is even close to being accurate is s4gru.com

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thats where I got the link.

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to s4gru that link

is network vision. I just checked the thread again to make sure I was reading it right.

Journeyman

Wow OP, gave me a headache.

Since LTE is on its way and new phones are offering more than just LTE, it's not necessarily a bad idea to get a newer phone now.  "Posers" can benefit from newer features that are not available on older phones.  I am not a Sprint customer yet, but soon-to-be when I can escape from my T-Mobile contract.

GrandMaster

i'll have to try and pull up an area that is actually having NV added. if anyone pulls up that thread and theire area ISNT getting NV anytime soon they will only see backhaul upgrades to data speeds, capacity and voice.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

/start tirade

I bought my EVO 4g because it got great reviews and Sprint 'had' a comprehensive 4g rollout plan that included OKC. Since I run all over OKC solving my company's problems, this was going to be great for me. Unfortunately, as we all know, Sprint never makes a promise it intends to keep. Not only did my state disappear from the rollout after 3 months buying the phone, but Sprint customer service told me Oklahoma was not even on the rollout list to begin with. I e-mailed a copy of my print screen; they said it was fake. LAWLZ!

My Evo 4g is working just fine for the purpose for which I am using it. I am not gonna get suckered into buying the latest & greatest Evo (despite its enhancements), only to get screwed over again. My contract is up in December, and unless I get notified OKC will be added by this time next year, I'll be shopping for a new service provider. My colleagues are thinking along the same lines.. and why wouldn't they? We don't "need" the new enhancements (yet) and Sprint has dealt in bad faith before.

While I am certain Sprint had very good business reasons to screw over many, many cities, it doesn't sit well for those of us who have been loyal customers for over 8 yrs. I'm sure Sprint will vehemently disagree with my and my colleague's on this point of view, I simply do not care what they think what our viewpoint should be.

/end tirade

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat