cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was the galaxy s3 worth all this waiting for?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was the galaxy s3 worth all this waiting for?

I thinking not when you look at the specs of the lg "g" coming out and the galaxy note 2, but what do you think about it?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery life alone,  but still waiting...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think its going to be worth the wait, now dont get me wrong the Galaxy Note and the Note 2...3..4...5.. etc all are going to be BAD phones but theyre just going to keeping adding features to one device that the next one doesnt have....This is how they keep the $$ coming....The galaxy note is a GREAT device and a nice screen but im hearing and reading about the battery life lasting 2-3 hrs just after checking emails and texting...PLUS with a device like that you NEED UNLTD DATA and ONLY SPRINT has that....I cant own the galaxy note and then have to worry about exceeding my data usage....Nooooo can do! Plus I dont want to have to carry around a Huge garge door opener just to send a text...But thats just me....The Galaxy S 3 will suite my needs perfectly Considering that I have owned nearly EVERY device that Samsung has ever made, they may be slow with the shipment and the delivery but they DONT make NO JUNK!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

the battery life isn't that great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was bummed to find out, the day after I activated the gs3, that there was going to be a note 2. I liked the size of the note and chose the gs3 because it had better software and processor. I am not, however, disapointed with the gs3. I am dissapointed that I can't use 4g on it while we wait for Sprint's 4glte to launch, but the phone itself has met almost all my expectations. And the few dissapointmens have to do with apps that require a network connection to work (which takes us back to not being able to use 4g with this phone on Sprint).

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's cool but there 4g or lte or wimax whatever they call it is still going to be next to last..look at all the people waiting with this lte phones add unlimited lte and you get regular 4g speeds at best. Now i wonder if they will eventually charge extra for that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, IMO, the S3 is by far the best phone I have ever had.  It is definitely worth the wait.  I went from the iPhone 4 to the EVO to the S2 and now to the S3.  It is not even close, the S3 is the best.  I can get more than 35 hours without a charge (35 hours is approx. when my phone warns me that the battery is getting low).  And I keep the screen brightness up and WiFi on.  The camera is incredible (no shutter lag, burst mode).  The size is perfect, big screen without bulk.  And now I just read that Sprint has accounced that LTE will go hot here in Dallas on 7/15.  Then it will be perfect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey TexasDeano,

Pardon my exasperation but HTF are you getting 35 hours from this phone???  I get LITERALLY and I am not exaggerating at all...12 hours during the week while it sits on my desk and only gets used for a handful of sms's to HALF a day on the weekend when I am using it like a smartphone should be used.  It is really starting to piss me off.  I was convinced things were running in the background so I installed Go Task Manager and I close things incessantly.  Then I enabled power saving mode...turned down the brightness...turned bluetooth off and even tried turning GPS off!

Any suggestions??  This issue is keeping me from loving my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check to see how frequently you have it set to refresh news, weather, FB, mail, sync etc also are you running on 3G or wifi? If wifi is availalable, always use it before 3G and 4G.  Of course there is always the possibility that the phone is just a new POS and you probably should have gotten an evo... lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I do feel it's been worth it!  I've had some problems and had to return 2 defective phones, but I still love it.
Reasons: I had the original Evo 4G and when I tried to explore the features, it was too frustrating.  I remember trying to send a photo to my daughter and struggled through it to the point that I never did it again.
The S3 is so user-friendly that I've already learned a lot about it and find that it's very easy to use.  I've had lots of fun with it so far.

It's nice to have a smart phone when you can really USE the features! 

As much as I thought I liked the Evo, I didn't realize what I was missing out on until I got the S3.

I'll gladly work through the start-up issues with the S3 because the features I've learned about are very useful.  For the first time in many years I'm using my cellphone features a lot more than I use my main computer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i agree this will be the 3 phone mine keep getting hot and i also tried to screm netflix it kept buffering i'm really getting annoyed

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat