Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What and where is LTE???

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

What and where is LTE???

I'm kind of new to forums and blooging etc, but I was hoping someone could tell me why are these phones being sold with LTE capability when there is no service to match the capability and the alternative is something already outdated (3g)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL!!!! Dude.The end of this year and the end of 2013 Is the same thing. OK this whole discussion is getting silly now. I'll leave you guys alone and start another one. Wow never knew it was this much fun.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE just showed its first signs of life where i live a couple days ago. This site has a good running list of Sprint's LTE Deployment. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not to mention every carrier out there sells phones that are 4G capable in areas that have no 4G..its nothing new on that side of things

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ricki1960 LTE will become the standard once it is completely rolled out early next year, so we offer phones that are capable of operating on that network and with those speeds. We need to do this as currently already over a 100 markets have LTE coverage and customers want phones that have an LTE option.  You can check www.sprint.com/network if they already started in your area.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

No help 'cuz I could have bought a phone that was 4g capable and I would have faster service. this is just wrong. does anyone know what carrier does have LTE service in Philadelphia area?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This might have played right into their hands but, I just went ahead and bought a used 4g evo from sprint just so I could get better speed. Does anyone else think that this was a good solution?

Highlighted
Journeyman

- Rickie1960 Is that the Evo 4G LTE or the original Evo 4G? If it is the last one I would have checked if you have WIMAX 4G coverage in your area. When we had to make the switch to LTE we stopped rolling out WIMAX 4G. Can you give me your zip code and cross streets so we can check your area for coverage.

If you do not want to pst that information in public you can check yourself at www.sprint.com/coverage

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

regular evo 4g sold on sprint website for $110.00

Highlighted
Journeyman

I already have a evo 4g and it works great. That is why this LTE thing is so disappointing. At one time I had six lines( got special approval do to loyalty and payment history) and a Mifi hotspot. I have now pared down to three lines with one contract fulfilling in three months. If I hadn't gotten the Galaxy SIII recently I could have been down to one line very soon. So now my wife has this pretty phone that can't play a decent video because its only 3g. I wanted the HTC One when my contract expires but you know 'fool me twice' and all of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ya verizon

Highlighted
Wizard

Ricki1960,

Thanks for posting. We don't want to fool you at all, you do not deserve that as a paying customer. As a nationwide wireless carrier we have to choose the technology that provides the best and most reliable services everywhere. WiMax is awesome, LTE builds on that technology and that architecture proves more resilient to mulitpath and scattering degradation. Our coverage maps at sprint.com/coverage will give an assesment on where the LTE services are available. Once LTE becomes available in your area your GS3 phone will move to that Network atuomatically (so long as its on LTE/CDMA which is the default setting). We are working very hard to get LTE up ASAP in Philadelphia and we are here to give you support with integrity and passion.

Thank You,

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are these computer generated replies based on keywords or is there actually someone reading and replying? If the computer wrote this response its understandable, but if a human wrote this nonsense and you're trying to snow me with technological psycho babble, you missed the mark. I can and will take my personal accounts elseware. i would prefer no response to a blizzard.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat