cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Sprint thinking? Long time Sprint customer frustrated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Back in April of this year, my 8330 Blackberry suffered a fatal accident while on vacation.  Even though I was overdue for being eligible for an upgrade, I didn't want to do that because of the new ten dollar extra a month that sprint is charging for smart phones. I still don't understand how I'm paying for "Everything Data" and now need to pay an extra $10 per phone when I upgrade.  I guess they should rename that Everything Plus 10.   I'm thinking, not a problem, I've been paying $7.00 per month to insure my phone.  I will claim it on the insurance.

I dial *2, work through the prompts and finally am speaking to a human.  She says that instead of paying the $100 deductible that her manager has authorized her to let me purchase a totally refurbished and tested phone for what I think she said would cost me $49.  Sounded fine to me since I assumed that whatever problem it previously had, was now repaired.

A few days later I get the phone. It looked beautiful, had a new battery, no scratches and I transferred my memory and got it set up.  Unfortunately, it soon began acting up.  It was very slow at times and it would spontaneously restart.  At the time, my father was very ill and in and out of the hospital.  Yet I managed to again dial *2 before the end of April and talk it over with tech support.  The woman that answered the phone was obviously reading from a flow chart in attempting to help me do a hard restart on the phone. (I’ve since done a bit of research on the subject and I think what she meant is called a “wipe” on a Blackberry phone.) What she told me to do wouldn’t work.  She therefore advised me to go to a Sprint store and they could back the phone up, accomplish the hard restart and reload my data.

Two days later I’m in a Sprint store.  They were busy at the time and kept putting me off.  After waiting for probably 40+ minutes, I decided to leave.

Since that time, my father’s health became worse and he passed away during the third week in May and was buried on the 28th.  In other words, my focus was elsewhere and he was more important than a malfunctioning phone.

I’m a fairly busy person and I missed a lot of work due to my father’s illness.  I tried several times contacting Sprint to correct my problematic phone but oddly enough, my phone would spontaneously restart during the tech call and I was out of luck.

The phone restarts itself some 12-24 times every day.  Tonight, I made a point to set aside time to call sprint from a land line.  I explained that I had been sold a refurbished phone that had not worked properly since Sprint had sold it to me.  Checking my April statement, there is a charge for $53.49 for the refurbished phone and a $19.26 charge for activation.  Having decided that Sprint’s tech support didn’t have the expertise to help me solve the issue I was going to agree to the $10 per month fee extortion for a new phone, I just needed a credit for the cost of the supposed refurbished phone and the activation fee.  Over a period of 69+ minutes and having been transferred either 5 or 6 times, my call was lost when a supervisor put me on hold.  No one called me back, I have no resolution.  For some reason, Sprint is refusing to refund money they charged for a refurbished phone. How in the world can they justify not refunding that money?  They sold me something that will not work properly.

For the record, I have had a sprint account for over 10 years.  At one time, I had as many as 6 phones on my account.  I currently have 5 phones on the account.  In the past twelve months, I have paid to sprint a total of $3,550.55 which is an average of $295.88.  I think I’m a very good customer and I imagine most cell phone companies would want to have me.  However, Sprint, after a 10 year relationship that has cost me a lot of money, is balking over refunding me for a defective phone that cost $53.49 and a $19.26 activation fee. 

Is it time that I start moving my phones to another carrier?  Is Sprint really going to make me sue them for a bit over $70?  What is Sprint thinking?

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Employee

Please Private message me your Sprint phone number, your preferred callback number, and a good time to call.

No longer working Community Response.
Master

I am sending you a private message - I work till 4pm central time Mon- Fri.

Larry- OKIESTRO

SWITCHING2METROPCS,

I very sorry to hear of the issues that you have encountered. I see that you have received responses in regards to this issue and would like to confirm if the issue has been resolved. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send any of us a Private Message.

Best Regards,

CD

Journeyman

The problem has yet to be resolved but I am working with a tech on the issue.

Sprint Employee

Thank you for the update, I still have you marked on my calendar for a contact midday monday. I will speak to you then.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat