cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is sprint coming out with a new (Worldmode) Worldphone with Windows Phone 8 ?

Journeyman

When is sprint coming out with a new (Worldmode) Worldphone with Windows Phone 8 ?

I am a owner of a HTC touch pro 2 Windows mobile phone.

I Saw that when windows phone 7 came to sprint it was only going to be CDMA not International use.

Then I found out that People hated the new phone because Microsoft would limit customizing of the phone.

So Sprint dumped that phone because not many were being bought because it did not have the international use that other carriers have.

Microsoft blew the market share because they wanted the phones to have only 3 buttons & limit cauterizing of pics & desktop, etc.

That is why

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: When is sprint coming out with a new (Worldmode) Worldphone with Windows Phone 8 ?

As of right now, we do not have any offical news regarding the release of a Windows Mobile 8 device. You can stay up to date regarding releases at www.sprint.com/newsroom

Journeyman

Re: When is sprint coming out with a new (Worldmode) Worldphone with Windows Phone 8 ?

Is there any unofficial news because not getting with the newest technology will be causing be to slowly elimate my phones from Sprint once each contract is up.

Journeyman

Sprint hasent been very "Bullish" on Windows phone.  If you want Windows Phone, go elsewhere.  Personally, after 14 years with Sprint I am reluctantly going to ATT where we get just as good voice service but about 10-15 times faster data.  Eventually we will get LTE but I am not going to keep waiting.  If Sprint had a flagship Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC 8x, I wouldnt have to be going through the change.  Its too bad too, because I really like Sprint I just have no interest in static icons with an extra row now and will move to the future.

Wizard

I would personally like to have the Windows phone included in our smartphone line up. If I receive any updates I will be sure to share.

Highlighted
Wizard

The route Sprint took for its world phones is very expensive for the customers.

The new world phones are lock down, you cannot swap the SIM like we are used to when traveling.

You get Sprint international roaming rates.

They did it with iPhones, Motorola Photon Q, Galaxy Note 2

As a long time customer, they are loosing me soon.

Journeyman

Same thing here...I've been a long time customer and unfortunately I travel outside the US and need to be able to swap sim cards. So I'll have to go to AT&T or T-Mobile. Wish Sprint weren't trying to rip you off on this...why should they care if I use a different SIM card on my phone if I'm still paying them my monthly contracted rates. They want to force you to pay their very expensive roaming rates, which is not going to happen ever and as a result they will continue to lose out type of customers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat