cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has received the Jelly Bean goodness update so far (stock)

Journeyman

Who has received the Jelly Bean goodness update so far (stock)

I received an update last night but my phones battery was to low once charged the update was no longer available battery pull reboot nothing brings it back.

Further more I would like to know if anybody has been updated I know that they push them slowly but some people by now should have something!!!

I have noticed that sprint updated there full site under shopping for phones to show that the gnex is 4.1 jelly bean or ice cream but not yet there mobile site

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Re: Who has received the Jelly Bean goodness update so far (stock)

My iPad won't let me edit but it's supposed to say the gnex is 4.1 jelly bean NOT ice cream

Journeyman

I forced the update to Jelly Bean using the directions in this article:

http://goo.gl/pT3D4

Worked for me great!

Specifically, here is how to do what he did:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

5. Head back to the Sprint Galaxy Nexus’ Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

After doing that, there may be an upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean waiting for you. Unfortunately, this method may not work for everybody trying to use it.

It’s at least worth a try though as the Sprint Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update is rolling out extremely slow and likely won’t hit all devices for a week or more.

Journeyman

This is what worked for me.

Land Mass, MS

Journeyman

I did the steps to check for update and got an update but the file size is 20 mb and when I install it I get an error whereas the andoid bot is laying down with its belly open and a red exclamation point.I get this everytime I try to install this update.I am on 4.04 ..baseband L700FC12...BUILD IMM76D.L700FD02..Any clues????

Journeyman

Your still an update or 2 behind IMM76KL700FG01 is the last update before JB.

Not for certain but I think you have to be at the above before JB will go in.

My JB DL was 173mb.

So either your getting updated to above or have a incomplete DL.

Best bet get to Local sprint store, have them do the recovery - you'll lose everything but back to day one stock.

Then run the system checks.

There are some tech savvy savvy people in this thread that may be able to walk you through.

Either pushing the update you got or recovering the whole thing.

Be patient they will post to you.

Sounds like you did something to your phone in the past. Your baseband and build need to end in the same characters such as FD02. Are you rooted, have custom recovery?

The 20MB update is FG01...which needs to be installed before FH05 will install.

There are several ways to go from here but you need to post what you've done to your phone in the past so I can suggest the best way to go from here.

Journeyman

Had the same problem. I used wug to go back to stock and got the same then I tried Odin and everything went swell

Highlighted
Journeyman

jturkey2000 wrote:

Had the same problem. I used wug to go back to stock and got the same then I tried Odin and everything went swell

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1620036

This link has instructions that will return you to total stock.  It includes a step by step video by QBKing77, and is specific to our Sprint version of the Nexus.  It doesn't get any easier than this, but it is a complete wipe of the phone.  Works with Windows, not Mac.  For Mac see coasterphotos, the new Mac champ here.

Journeyman

thanx

Journeyman

Yes I was rooted then used wug's toolkit to unroot and back to 4.0.4

Journeyman

Your welcome.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat