cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't i move apps to the sd card on my Galaxy s3???

Journeyman

Why can't i move apps to the sd card on my Galaxy s3???

Had no problem with the evo4g but now i can't move anything but music and photos Any help would be nice

Tags (5)
21 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: Why can't i move apps to the sd card on my Galaxy s3???

Does the app give the option of installing to the sd card?

Journeyman

doens't say buy it's the same apps that i had on my sd card, so is should be able to move it. The option isn't there and i'm wondering is it because of ics?

Journeyman

I think it auto adds most apps to sdcard if the app is compatible

if u go to applications & check the info for most apps it let's u know

which apps are on the sdcard

GrandMaster

im guessing its because of ics. until the makers of the apps bring it up to speed with ics it wont be able to. now that there are more devices out there with ics it shouldnt be long before this happens

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think most apps do allow to save to SD card.  I had the HTC EVO 3D and it will let me move apps to SD card.  Now on the Galaxy S3 it's not even an option.  I don't see anyu buttons which will let me move the app to the SD Card.  I've been fiddling with that feature as well.  Please let me know when someone has a solution.

GrandMaster

that would be because you were running Gingerbread on the 3D.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Here's a good guide. Not sure if this will solve your problems.

http://www.guidingtech.com/10346/transfer-android-apps-between-phones-bluetooth/

Journeyman

Found out it's because of ics but thanks anyway

Journeyman

So, only apps designed for ICS can be moved to SD?   Makes me glad I ordered the 32GB version.. I have a lot of apps that I don't intend to update due to bloat, permissions, unwanted features, etc.

I hope I can still back them up and sideload them to the GX3 when it arrives (Still no ship info on blue/32 preorder)

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.