cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Sprint make a phone with LTE and WIMAX together on one phone?

Highlighted
Wizard

Why does Sprint make a phone with LTE and WIMAX together on one phone that would be nice so that we can use LTE and WIMAX so if we can't get one we would be able to use the other like if we can't get LTE in a area and have WIMAX in that area we will be able to what is in that area if Sprint make a LTE and WIMAX phone all in one.

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

Sprint doesn't make phones, they just sell them. The manufacturer be it Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG are the ones that make the radios in their devices. I too wondered this a while back and figured it would be a neat thing, but in theory, it may add more to the price of the phone plus be a real battery hogger.

Although Sprint does make a hotspot that accesses 36, 4G Wimax, or 4G LTE, but to put all those radios in a smaller form factor such as a phone is something I do not see happening anytime soon.

Wizard

Re: Why does Sprint make a phone with LTE and WIMAX together on one phone?

Great question.  I have asked with no answer, as yet.  I would find phones that do not include both radios (LTE and Wi-Max) in 2012 & through the first quarter of 2013, to be disappointing and puzzling.  I cannot speculate.  I am sure the rumor sites will answer this long before we can get answers out of Sprint.  Devices are very, very guarded with them.

***Due to FTC guidelines, I am forced to create this disclaimer and advise readers of certain credentials. I am a Sprint Advocate and a customer of Sprint via cellular service. I am not an employee of Sprint and was in attendance of the 2011 SAGE Event at the corporate office in Kansas City, KS. While the trip was paid for by Sprint/HTC, the event will in no way interfere with my obligation to provide truthful and accurate information either through positive or negative comments with regard to Sprint or its policies. I am not obligated to continue posting in the forums and do so of my own free will. The 2011 SAGE event was without question used to pick our brains from start to finish and did not include any vacation activities. At no time was there any effort made to buy our loyalty. In our collaborative view, Sprint appropriately said thank you for our valuable time. I further advise that I have been a Sprint customer for 15 years and the 2011 SAGE event was my first experience with any illusioned Sprint reward. My choice to be a Sprint Advocate was initiated by myself long before the Sprint Advocate group was formed and the 2011 SAGE event was created. I reserve the right to remain a Sprint customer or leave for a competing carrier, depending on my own evaluations regarding Sprint policy or its treatment of customers. Sprint has an obligation to provide every customer, which I am one, acceptable service both in network and through support***

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat