cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my 3G slower than ever?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is my 3G slower than ever?

I live in Phoenix and i check Sprint's Network speed everyday. I get about 20 kbps here, the most ive ever had was maybe 150 kbps! Thats slower than ever! I live in downtown Phoenix and always have full bars but the 3G is just killing me! It takes me 10-15min just to load facebook! This is ridicilous! What is happening?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Why is my 3G slower than ever?

fitzfan123,

I understand how frustrating this can be; can you provide me with your zip code and two nearest cross streets?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Journeyman

"TheFifthLetter"-- why you are it, please check the 3G connection speeds in Tucson, AZ (85710). I am getting speeds that are so pitiful that I wonder how Sprint can even dare to call it 3G.

I have checked Sprint's Network Vision rollout map at https://network.sprint.com/...and supposedly Sprint has rollout a number of speed enhancements and coverage across my area but I can testify that's an outright lie. There has been no improvements whatsoever and it's sad that Sprint seems to be concentrating on small towns in the MID-east. I guess that's part of their business strategy, but customers in neglected area are sure to remember this come contract time

Journeyman

Hi;

Yes my 3g slowed also I am in Seattle, Wa. I have tthe origional "galaxy S" and now also the 4g turns on and trys too take over the 3g??? There by slowing  every thing down, "ugh".

Cat

GrandMaster

odds are your phone now has whats called the connections optimizer..which will automatically turn on your wifi or 4G whenever youre within range...it goes for the stronger signal..for some that can never remember to shut these down when not in range ..its great...for those that are on top of it with a quickness its just a pain. go into settings-wireless and networks-mobile networks and if you DO have it it would most likely be in there...on my phone which isnt the same as yours its under automatic connections. go in there and un check it.

catdog6949 wrote:

Hi;

Yes my 3g slowed also I am in Seattle, Wa. I have tthe origional "galaxy S" and now also the 4g turns on and trys too take over the 3g??? There by slowing  every thing down, "ugh".

Cat

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am getting horrible speeds too, I live in a town of 25,000 or so and 3G is so ridiculous. And,to be honest, every other company in my town has 4G except Sprint. It has really made a lot of people angry and I think this will cause them to lose a lot of customers to the other top service providers.

Journeyman

My zip code is 85014 and the cross street closest is 16th st Indian School. Please find out what is wrong and tell me why this is happening!

Wizard

fitzfan123

Thanks for the info you've provided regarding your location. It helped me find an outage that is being worked on by our technicians. They are working diligently to repair the issue. The estimated time of repair is soon and we appreciate your understanding during this time.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat