cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my galaxy s3 so hot, even when i'm not using it and i'm in a climate control room?

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Why is my galaxy s3 so hot, even when i'm not using it and i'm in a climate control room?

how did you do that for i don't have anything more running then what can with the phone, so it's not extra apps?

Journeyman

Re: Why is my galaxy s3 so hot, even when i'm not using it and i'm in a climate control room?

I figured it's NFC since the NFC chip is in the battery it's always hoooootttt so I turned off NFC in settings and my s3 doesn't heat up randomly anymore... coincidence? I think not.

EAMSR wrote:

u need to down load a task killer.chances are there are a bunch of sprint apps loaded in the back ground that you cant see.thats whats bad about buying a phone through a provider its not unlocked so you get stuck with all the apps u dont need on there..set the phone not to update automaticly in settings and do not update any apps that you do not use.

Google themselves have already stated publicly that Task Killers are not needed on newer versions of Android (2.2+) and they they can actually DECREASE battery performance in some cases. This is not a be-all end-all solution to a situation, it can actually cause a further negative experience than the alternative if the underlying cause is not understood.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/40152

Android manages background processes and tasks automatically. Applications sitting in memory use no more battery than that memory having nothing in it. What uses battery and processor time is applications that are doing things. Email downloading in the background, turn-based games checking for updates or new opponent moves (like Words With Friends or Draw Something), applications downloading updates from the Play Store, Facebook/Twitter/etc. syncing new messages/posts, Cloud sync services such as Dropbox downloading/uploading files, et.c all will use the antenna and processor, thereby increasing temperature while the phone is "doing nothing" sitting there. This is by no means an exhaustive list, just a few of the more common situations.

Android allows you to see how your battery is being used and by which applications in Settings > About > Battery Use.

Journeyman

u need to down load a task killer.chances are there are a bunch of sprint apps loaded in the back ground that you cant see.thats whats bad about buying a phone through a provider its not unlocked so you get stuck with all the apps u dont need on there..set the phone not to update automaticly in settings and do not update any apps that you do not use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is my galaxy s3 so hot, even when i'm not using it and i'm in a climate control room?

I'm been using this for a few days and i can say this thing heat up like crazy. my Evo did the same thing but only when it was charging or trying to charge when i was playing a game or something. This phone heats up for no reason and it's not laying on a stove or something it's usually in a office when not in use or in my house which is cool. (Central Air)