cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

Journeyman

Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

I have decided to start a new contract with AT&T next month because they will be offering the Nokia Lumia 920 a Windows 8 phone then, but before I drop Sprint I would like to know if Sprint will carry any windows 8 phones this year? It will help me decide on signing into a contract with ATT and canceling later, paying the no contract price for the phone, or staying here with Sprint and just waiting it out. If Sprint does plan on carrying Windows phone 8 will it be the Nokia Lumia 920?

14 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

As of right now we at Sprint do not have any information regarding a Windows 8 device. You can stay up to date on all news releases by visiting www.sprint.com/newsroom

Journeyman

In other words, Sprint will just keep its customers in the dark about the windows phones. Sprint might get the Nokia Lumia 920 in 6 month after AT&T's exculsive is over. But i wouldn't count on it. Just like with the Iphone, Sprint will be late to the party once again.

I'm jumping off the sprint ship in December, 

Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer since the 90's and while I have switched on and off a few times to other providers, I have always kept coming back to sprint.  The lack of support for Windows Phone is the last straw for me though and I will be leaving Sprint permanently for a Lumia 920 or 922 on a different provider.  If Sprint hadn't done such a poor job in choosing WP7 hardware and pushing customers to _not_ buy the Arrive, they would have sold many more phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remeber going into the Sprint store and asking for the Arrive and asking about the preorder and the sales agent had no information for me. I went home and called Sprint and they told me to go back again and talk to another staff.  When I return after the release date, I was trying to pay for the Arrive and the agent kept trying to get me to get a Iphone 4 or the Galaxy S 2.  I had explain to him that I already have a Galaxy S2 and the iphone doesnt work for me at all.  I wanted the Arrive because of its capabilities, it had Office, Adobe, Xbox live, etc.. on it, but he started talking about the lack of apps.  Not a problem for me, I was able to install the most important apps the same day I purchase and within a month or two I had about 40 additional apps that were very popular. Bottom line is the lack of knowledge and failure to promote the Window phone brand is the reason why the Windows phone didn't do well on the Sprint network. A lot of people blame the size of the phone for its down fall, but come on you have to be extremely weak if 2 lbs phone makes you strain.

Journeyman

Looks like Sprint really doesn't care about us dedicated Windows Phone users. I am going on my 4th HTC Arrive replacement and prefer to stay with Windows. I just wish that Sprint steps up to the plate and get on the ball with new phones and more selection. They also need to hurry with their 4G service to rural areas and not just concentrate in metro areas. We are just as important!

Journeyman

rural....I live in Tucson az...and never have had 4g service?? Not even in PHX....The only time i have seen it was In Dallas this past nov.... They need to step it up OR merge with someone who has ther sh!t together!

Journeyman

I was at CES event last week Jan 8th and sprint just announced they will be having htc and Samsung wp8 device this summer. if you don't believe this than I don't think sprint will LIE and announce this at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) which draws about 150,000 people attending the event. When sprint announced it many people cheered so yes expect it come this summer 2013. You can also Google it and see for yourself the info or go to sprint blog. For me I can wait and now it's official and glad no more looking at androids or iPhones. So all you complainers saying I am going to tmobile,Verizon or art go ahead and get billed more on your data use. Now sprint realize wp8 is selling like hotcakes

Journeyman

I was at CES event last week Jan 8th and sprint just announced they will be having htc and Samsung wp8 device this summer. if you don't believe this than I don't think sprint will LIE and announce this at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) which draws about 150,000 people attending the event. When sprint announced it many people cheered so yes expect it come this summer 2013. You can also Google it and see for yourself the info or go to sprint blog. For me I can wait and now it's official and glad no more looking at androids or iPhones. So all you complainers saying I am going to tmobile,Verizon or art go ahead and get billed more on your data use. Now sprint realize wp8 is selling like hotcakes

Journeyman

It's nice that Sprint made the announcement of carrying windows 8 phones but I think that they may be mid range phones like the just announced lumia 720, the rumored htc tiara or the samsung ativ. While these are nice phones I would prefer the lumia 920 or better. I want make a threat of leaving because I know the value I get by being with Sprint. But I can honestly say that it's an option I will consider. This is primarily because Sprint's fascination with android and ios has essentially closed the door on them moving quickly to adopt other phones that may gain mainstream traction with the carrier.

Take a look at the advertising, I see the upcoming samsung g4 and the iphone 5 but no mention of the z10, q10 or any windows 8 phones and they only mention it on the forums as refer to this link for more information. Not very encouraging to customers when you take choice out of the equation.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.