cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

I remeber going into the Sprint store and asking for the Arrive and asking about the preorder and the sales agent had no information for me. I went home and called Sprint and they told me to go back again and talk to another staff.  When I return after the release date, I was trying to pay for the Arrive and the agent kept trying to get me to get a Iphone 4 or the Galaxy S 2.  I had explain to him that I already have a Galaxy S2 and the iphone doesnt work for me at all.  I wanted the Arrive because of its capabilities, it had Office, Adobe, Xbox live, etc.. on it, but he started talking about the lack of apps.  Not a problem for me, I was able to install the most important apps the same day I purchase and within a month or two I had about 40 additional apps that were very popular. Bottom line is the lack of knowledge and failure to promote the Window phone brand is the reason why the Windows phone didn't do well on the Sprint network. A lot of people blame the size of the phone for its down fall, but come on you have to be extremely weak if 2 lbs phone makes you strain.

Journeyman

I've been a Sprint customer since the 90's and while I have switched on and off a few times to other providers, I have always kept coming back to sprint.  The lack of support for Windows Phone is the last straw for me though and I will be leaving Sprint permanently for a Lumia 920 or 922 on a different provider.  If Sprint hadn't done such a poor job in choosing WP7 hardware and pushing customers to _not_ buy the Arrive, they would have sold many more phones.

Journeyman

In other words, Sprint will just keep its customers in the dark about the windows phones. Sprint might get the Nokia Lumia 920 in 6 month after AT&T's exculsive is over. But i wouldn't count on it. Just like with the Iphone, Sprint will be late to the party once again.

I'm jumping off the sprint ship in December, 

Wizard

As of right now we at Sprint do not have any information regarding a Windows 8 device. You can stay up to date on all news releases by visiting www.sprint.com/newsroom

Journeyman

Will Sprint offer the Nokia Lumia 920 or any windows 8 phones this year?

I have decided to start a new contract with AT&T next month because they will be offering the Nokia Lumia 920 a Windows 8 phone then, but before I drop Sprint I would like to know if Sprint will carry any windows 8 phones this year? It will help me decide on signing into a contract with ATT and canceling later, paying the no contract price for the phone, or staying here with Sprint and just waiting it out. If Sprint does plan on carrying Windows phone 8 will it be the Nokia Lumia 920?