cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint promote the new Blackberry 10s?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will Sprint promote the new Blackberry 10s?

I heard a news report the other day talking about the new BB10s and while the newscaster didn't say with service she got the Z10 from, she did say they weren't really promoting it. A friend of mine works at Verizon and prior to the debut of BB10 (meaning don't know how they are going ot handle BB10 yet) she said they didn't even have their Blackberrys on display in the store for people to see as a choice when the select a phone! I do NOT understand this, the people I've read of that have the Z10 are impressed with the operating system, my friend got to play with one in training and coming from a devoted iPhone girl, she is more impressed witht the new BB. So WHY would a service not promote them? I understand some services may not think the BB is the "hot new thing", but if they don't promote the phones when they come out and tell people about them, why are the shocked with they don't take off? Do we know how Sprint is going to handle the debut of the Q10 and the hopefully fall release of the ?? that it is rumored (I know, rumor) Sprint may get? I love my BBs, and would hate to see them not be a choice on Sprint, but it seems sometimes the carrier is not as supportive of the line as they could be.

If you're shopping for a new phone, how much does what's on display affect your choice, and would you ask about a phone you've heard about but don't see on display, or would you just figure they don't have it?

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Will Sprint promote the new Blackberry 10s?

savvycowgirl,

Thanks for posting and sorry about the delayed response.

I don't know how detailed I can get with my answer since a lot of this is up to our marketing department. What I do know is that yes, Sprint will be launching the Blackberry 10 phone models - the Q10 being the first announced. I really don't know what kind of marketing or promotional strategy we will take. It's really different for each device.

At the moment we have a micro-site launched for Blackberry 10 - This will be updated as more information is released about the device(s) such as release date, pre orders (if applicable) and other info. http://sprint.com/blackberry10

Press Realease: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2508&question_box=q10&id16=q10

That's about all I know at the moment but keep an eye on the above site for more info.

Thanks,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Chris_ra! It's just nice to know Sprint does plan a launch "party". I'm anxious to see the Q10, but the rumor I read on another site says Sprint may get another full touchscreen later in the year so I may hold off till I get a choice to pick from. But it just baffles me when a carrier doesn't promote a new BlackBerry. The people that have used it seem to really like it. I don't care so much about other carriers, but Sprint is mine, and I want to see the BB do great on Sprint so they will carry lots of them.   I'm just glad to see that Sprint is gearing up for it. Thanks so much for your time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so as usual! sprint still becomes the last one to get a popular phone! and as usual, they tell us nothing!.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

In fairness to Sprint, no one has the Q10 yet! BlackBerry doesn't even have a page up on the Q10 yet where you can read about it or sign up for updates and notifications yet. They do have this press release http://press.blackberry.com/press/2013/blackberry-10-re-designed-re-engineered-and-re-invented.html

that says the Q10 may be released to markets in April, but they released the Z10 to other countries before they did the US.

I was just wanting to know if there were plans to promote the BB better than some of the other carriers are.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hang on, synergy94. Let's not mistake the BB 10s for popular phones. BB is in a race with Microsoft for last place in the market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, lets see the most sold mobile operating systems of 2012 were: First place is Android (with more than 10 companies using their operating system its no supprise there), Second place goes to Apple's IOS (well deserved for a good operating system on just 2 model's for the past year), Third place is RIM's BlackBerry OS (no new model's produced until this year.... NOT BAD!), Fourth is Microsoft's Windows Mobile Platform (again not bad for not having as many model's as other operating system's), then their are the other Operating System's  like Ubuntu Touch and FirefoxOS...

Yeah Blackberry is not fighting for last place its fighting to stay in the top 3...

And I maybe out of line here but the reason I think that Sprint hasn't bothered with nothing but Android and IOS is that they have a contract that they need to fufill. You might say "hey they have blackberries and Window's mobile phones..." Yeah, one model of a window's phone and 2 models of Blackberries, don't exactly count as carring a line of them. And now that RIM has released a phone that since it's US relase date (March 26 2013) to today has sold anround 400,000 units (not bad for not having marketing I'd say) I don't think Sprint wants anything else to compete with Five Billion Dollar contract they have already investen on Apple's Iphones and the other lump sum they have to the other Andriod producing companies.

And sure while Sprint will carry the Q10 later this year, they won't have "another full touch screen blackberry phone" later this year unless rumors of the blackberry R10 model are true and even then that is a qwerty device or the "Aristo" wich is supposed to be a full touch screen phone, and that my friends is due for Dic 2013 / Jan 2014.

Highlighted
Wizard

The situation is very simple. Today, there are only four significant spots in the global market. Blackberry is third and falling. Microsoft is fourth and rising. Sprint gave a nod to BB despite falling sales figures, and carried one of its phones. After Microsoft sales growth was confirmed, Sprint announced plans to carry at least one Windows phone in 2013. Sprint made an optimistic deal with Apple to win the right to selll the iPhone, and that has apparently been a big success. Sprint made no such deal with either Samsung, LG, or HTC, and yet those brands seem to be collectively outselling Apple at Sprint. For a company watching its money and claiming to deliver the best value, looks like Sprint is making some wise choices.

Global Sales  2013 (Gartner)

Android 69.7%

Apple 20.9%

Blackberry 3.5%

Windows 3%

The Rest 2.9%

Highlighted
Journeyman

But of those phones listed, the majority of them sync in the "cloud". For those of us that want our data on our phone and our computer, there is only one listed that will work with Linux. That is the BlackBerry. Even if you don't run Linux, as far as I know, the others sync in the cloud. I prefer my data to remain more "earth bound". I could see Sprint being the only ones to release a new BB other than the Q10 later this year. They used to be the only ones that carried Sanyo. If they are going to release one later, I can also understand (though I don't like it) that they wouldn't talk about it publically. I think that's called tipping your hand. One of my best friends, a committed iPhone girl, has played with the BB10 and gives it excellent marks, where as she has mentioned the quality of the iPhones is falling. If I want more memory in a BB, I buy a bigger micro SD card. Want more memory in a iPhone? Pay a few hundred dollars more. Not a good use of my financial resources. Need something checked on your BB? Trot to the local Sprint store. On your iPhone, make an appointment at a special apple store, not one closer to us than over an hours drive. A BB may not be seen as "trendy" yet, but they are popular and from what I'm hearing will become even more so with the OS 10. A microsoft phone would be the very last thing I would consider. I too have been very happy with Sprint, it's good value & GREAT customer service. And they have BBs

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some will like the Q10 half touch screen while others graduated to full touch screen years ago.  I'm certain BB users BBC, BBB and BBT2 are 1/4 to 1/2 dead if over 1 year old.  The 2 best Carries are #3 and #4 so hopefully there'll be a change in plan to carry the Z10 by May keeping all happy.  However business is biz so both company and individuals will do what's of best interest. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat