cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8 in March?

Journeyman

Windows Phone 8 in March?

Take this for what it's worth, but a manager at the Sprint store in Jordan Creek Mall (Des Moines) said that Sprint had hoped to have the Windows Phone 8 in February, but it got pushed back to March and seems to be on schedule.  His words.  Hope that rings true.

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Windows Phone 8 in March?

BSITES1968

I apologize about the miscommunication you received at the store. Sprint did announce that we will carry the Windows 8 device but there has been no official date set as of yet just that we are expecting it by this summer. If you want to keep updated on the latest info about this device please check out: www.sprint.com/newsroom or our windows 8 page: http://www.sprint.com/windows8.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I too was chating on line with a Rep at Sprint, I was informed that the release of the Windows Phone 8 would probably happen within the last week of April to the first week of May, so hopefully that is true....been WAITING a long time for this SPRINT!

JCordier

I too apologize about what was advised to you about when the device will launch; like stated above there still is no set dates yet just that it will be launching Summer of 2013. If you would like you can keep updated at www.sprint.com/windows8 for any new info on the device launch. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

This is getting to be a load of crap waiting on these phones.  I keep hearing that we are getting mid to low level Windows Phone 8 choices.  I keep hearing different things from store reps.  I hear some people blaming this on Microsoft getting the right CDMA programming or what-not.  Windows Phone 8 has been out a while.  It's been at other phone companies, but we are the ones that have to wait on it.  They better have the latest greatest phone with all the newest features blowing the GS4 out of the water.  They better have it soon.

I've already been checking on other phone companies and their coverage where I need it for certain travelling.  So far, nothing but Sprint has the coverage and price I want.  THIS, though, is so disappointing it has me looking elsewhere.  VERY disappointed in Sprint for this.

BTW, I had to do my own updating to get my HTC Arrive up to the newest 7.8 version (two updates just in the last few days) and I STILL don't have a way to back up my text messages (even though other Windows 7 phones do) and I didn't get ANY of the updates through Sprint or any notice of them from Sprint.  I had to use the tools that Windows Phone developers use to get the updates for the OS.  ANOTHER reason I'm very disappointed in Sprint and still looking into other companies.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Krishel, the announced timeframe has always been stated as 'by Summer'.  Now you say it is launching 'Summer'.  Which is it?  Technically, part of December is in Autumn, but if you were to have said "by Autumn", I don't think anyone would have thought you meant possibly December...

Here's hoping 'by Summer' still includes the possibility of during Spring.

Brian

BrianDerm

I am referring to what is stated on www.sprint.com/windows8 which currently states by Summer 2013. I apologize if there was any miscommunitcation or if I worded something wrong. Definitely did not mean to. If you keep referring to the link above it will be updated when any new information comes in.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Journeyman

Seriously? Why does Sprint like to treat everything like it is a top secret CIA operation?  This is NOT how you build either awareness or buzz.  Microsoft, for example, released an onslaught of information and advertising months before Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 were released.   We knew months in advance when windows 8 and the phone would be released.  Sprint on the other hand watches dozens and dozens of customers say 'I am going to leave sprint if they dont announce something soon!'. Rather then giving their customers information saying 'dont leave! we are going to have the coolest windows phones ever on May 13th (for example), just be a little more patient!'. But no, instead Sprint releases idiotic statements like 'we will have a windows phone by summer'.  This statement was made a month ago (maybe more).  The optomist in me says, by summer? that could be any day now!  The realist in me says 'by summer? that means by September 20th'. As for keeping an eye on the useless page, what is the point?  It has not changed at all since it was first put up.  Why cant we ever get an answer from Sprint?  Why should i stick around until some nebulous dates when I see really nice phones out there now?  It cant be the service, because customer service is lacking 'we have no information for you'. Cell service is getting worse and worse by the day.  14 years, but in the last year my service gets worse and worse every day.  Calls dropped daily.  Huge regions in the 4th largest urban area in the nation where i get zero reception.  Text messages that take 3 days to go through, and then send multiple copies.  Text messages with attachments work maybe 50% of the time.  To top it all off now, sometimes when people call me they get a 'this number is not in service or is not valid' message.  I even got this message calling my wife from my autodial on my bluetooth in my car.  There is no way I dialed wrong, as I only hit one button, Hit the same button 2 minutes later and it worked.  Besides, the message is the same as what people got when they tried to call me, also from their phonebook.  One more thing, very often now, phone calls dont even come in, I just suddenly have a voicemail and a missed call.  Also data speeds when you have service are horrible.

So please somebody remind me, given lack of hardware, lack of answers and service that has become awful, why i remain loyal to this network?

Journeyman

I honestly think this one was on Sprint. David Owens has been quoted saying a few things window phones.

"In May, Owens said he was "bullish" on Windows Phone 8. But apparently he wasn't quite bullish enough to slate it for the 2012 holiday season."

Journeyman

From above:

"If you want to keep updated on the latest info about this device please check out: www.sprint.com/newsroom or our windows 8 page: http://www.sprint.com/windows8. "

I wish that were true.  Unfortunately that page doesn't contain any new information today despite yesterday's easily obtainable news about the two models that will be offered from HTC andf Samsung.  I have to wonder why that info isn't on your own page....before it becomes available on other news sources.

Brian

Journeyman

Yeah, l think they are just ssshhhhing us for now so we don't raise a stink. I noticed when going to the learn more on the Windows phone part of the site all it shows are NOKIA's & HTC phones and nothing about Samsung, so what's really gonna sell?

Journeyman

They are talking about a couple of old or midrange phones now, too.  The Ativ & Tiara.  This is crap!  With as many months as we have waiting, they better get their heads out of their backsides and make sure we have nothing less than what is capable with the Lumia 920 when Sprint rolls out phones.  It's been what...6 months?  Technology has only gotten better so we better get better phones.  Did I use "better" enough in that sentence to get the point across?  Sprint users deserve BETTER!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat