cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would just like to have my phone finally turned on or to cancel my account.

Journeyman

Would just like to have my phone finally turned on or to cancel my account.

I have been trying to get one of the two phones (Galaxy S III) I purchased activated for three days now. Apparently, Sprint can not port a number in under two weeks, even if the process was started prior to recieving the phone. No one in support seems to have any ability or authority to actually do anything to fix my problems (or refer me to someone that can) and it is unacceptable to have to wait two weeks to simply get a phone that I can make calls and recieve calls from.

What do I need to do to actually get help? Or failing that, terminate the contract as I have yet to actually recieve the service at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Would just like to have my phone finally turned on or to cancel my account.

leggosboy,

Please allow me to look into this for you. I would like for you to PM me with your phone number, account pin and a description of what’s going on. With that info I can look to see what’s been going on and point you in the proper direction.

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

PM sent.

Journeyman

Four days and seven contacts with support later, I finally have a phone that can make and receive calls.

This should have been much less of a hassle.

Journeyman

Unfortunately for us at Sprint, when we do a port on a number it does not notify us if the account information is entered incorrectly or if something has gone wrong. Your sales rep must've accidentally entered something in incorrectly or possibly did not get the process started right and wouldn't have been the wiser. Sometimes with ports it just looks to be a waiting game even if the port never went through or never got properly started to begin with.

But hey I'm glad you got your situation handled I know how frustrating it can be to leave the store and not have a phone that is Ready Now. However, now that it has been resolved for you, I very much hope you enjoy your devices.

- Mak

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat