I have been using a ZTE Warp hotspot for our primary internet for the past 6 weeks or so and we are seeing speeds range from 1.0 - 6 Mbs without much rhyme or reason (unfortunately it stays in the lower range more often than not). I was really hoping to be able to stay above 10 Mps.
Any thoughts why I would see such drastic swings and how to fix them?
Hey there! Thanks for your post today. Let's take a look into this.
Is this the only Sprint device having these speeds? Do you get them at one or multiple locations? I'd like to review your coverage. Please provide your nearest cross streets and ZIP code so I can review the area.
Thanks Kevin - nearest cross streets are Eagle Cove Dr and Winghaven Way zip is 28021.
I have not tried different locations since we got it, the location we have it in now is connected to an external antenna.
Lazarusadl, after reviewing your coverage area, I see that everything is working properly. Please follow these steps to update the PRL version of the device:
1. Connect the Mobile Hotspot to a computer either via Wi-Fi or by direct USB connection. Open the web browser and enter http://192.168.128.1 or http://myhotspot in the address bar.
2.Enter the administrator password and click Login.
Note: The default password is password.
3. From the Web Interface, click Settings.
4. Click Device to view menu options.
5. Under Device Menu, click on Software Updates.
6. Click Update PRL.
7. Click OK, if prompted with successful update message.
The PRL is now updated.
Lazarusadl, let's try updating the data profile of the device:
1. From Web Interface, click Settings.
2. Click Device to view menu options.
3. Under Device Menu, click on Software Updates.
4. Click Update Profile.
5. Click OK, if prompted with a successful update message.
Data Profile has been updated.