cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

calls

i received a call from my bf asking me what guy called him from my phone, he got a call & voicemail from my phone number only the call wasnt made from my phone. has this happened to anybody?? im freakin pissed off..

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: calls

Its very possible that the person who called your BF may have used an application that changes the caller id to someone else's number. Its called caller id spoofing. Here is one application that can be used. http://spoofapp.com/. There are many more. Just google caller id spoof and you will find lots of information about it.

Ray

Journeyman

Re: calls

Yep, definitely caller id spoofing. If you have a spoofing app on your phone or even go to website, you have the ability to call or text someone and change the way your caller id shows up on their phone. It's obviously someone playing a prank on both you guys and someone who you both know that is doing this. Just think of all the guys you know who has both your number and your boyfriend's number. Then try to narrow it down to the person you think would do something like that. Some of the apps even allow you to change how your voice sounds. It's never happened to me  but I'm sure it can be frustrating.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat