cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charging cell phone when overseas

Journeyman

While overseas in Europe, is it safe to use a standard phone charger with adaptor, or do we need a specific charger ?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Electrical voltage in Europe is 220. The USA uses 110 volts.This is the legal standard throughout most of  Europe. I would suggest you to check with the people whereever you're staying. I would say you need to have somekind of voltage converter.

Highlighted

the times that I have traveled out of country I have just used the adaptor and it has never caused any issues with my battery, charging functionality, ect. Most of the airports sell charges as well that will fit the outlets over seas, but again the adaptor will work just fine.

Wizard

Check your charger it it can handle 220/110 V. The info is on the charger sticker. What you may need is and adapter for the plug. You can get it at RadioShack

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat