ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract expires in few days, upgrade or new line

Journeyman

contract expires in few days, upgrade or new line

Greetings, So we have 2 lines under the family plan, 2yr contract expires in about 5-6 days. On Amazon, the Sprint Note2 for a new line is only $99 each device. Can we do a newline with the same phone numbers that we have? The plan is actually under my name, If so can my wife open a new line with them? and purchase the phones from Amazon?

Otherwise the option on Amazon is "extend line" and we pay $199 each phone plus tax I guess.

Location is California by the way. Thank you for any advice on this.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: contract expires in few days, upgrade or new line

Hey blitzz0930, thanks for posting.

Unfortunately if you open a new line of service, it wouldn't convert into one of your existing lines.

Although not usually advisable, you could open new lines of service and then cancel your existing ones when the contracts are up. You'd have brand new phone numbers but at least this way you could take advantage of the Amazon pricing.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks Gioman, If I decide to cancel my expiring current lines, is there such fees that will incur?

unfortunately my current numbers are important and been using that with my clients, so I am leaning towards just extending our contract.

Journeyman

Thanks Gioman, If I decide to cancel my expiring current lines, is there such fees that will incur?

unfortunately my current numbers are important and been using that with my clients, so I am leaning towards just extending our contract.

Wizard

If you want to take advantage of  Amazon savings,

You open new lines with on a new family plan,

call Sprint to swap the numbers on the lines (or it can be done at Sprint store),

then drop the old contract.

Wizard

Hi blitzz0930,

Sorry for the earlier mix up, however, cancelling your old number wouldn't be the best idea. I do understand the importance of keeping your phone numbers, so that suggestion wasn't the best one on my part.

Just to clarify, if you did create the new lines, Sprint would not be able to swap your old number over the new numbers. This would mean you would be stuck with multiple numbers that you would not need, or, you would have to be pay a cancellation fee up to $350 per line to cancel the new numbers.

It seems the biggest concern is trying to get the upgrades at the most affordable rates while keeping your existing phone numbers. What I would like to do is take a look at your account to see what promotions we may have for upgrades.

At your convenience, please send me a private message. Include your name, Sprint phone number, security information (PIN or security question answer), your Sprint Community name, and a link to this posting thread. I can communicate with you directly in an effort to help. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat