Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

help please

A couple hours ago my HTC EVO 4g said there was an update available, so I downloaded and installed it. After that my home screen would not load. It keeps saying " the applicaton HTC sense (processcom.HTC.launcher) has stopped working unexpectedly. Force close." And every time I hit force close it does the same thing. I can't get to my menu to do a factory restart. The only way I can get on the web is through my task killer. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

penguinsrock1792,

Try this if that failed:

Power off the device:

1. Press and hold Volume Down and then press the Power Button

2. Release the Power Button and keep holding the Volume Down button until the HTC

recovery screen

3. Select Clear Storage and press the Power button to accept

Confirm at next screen. If that fails, I would suggest taking the device into a Service and Repair center near you.

Markie_B

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

1792 did u update with ur sd card installed,I'm guessing u did.thats a common mistake.u mite take the card out and soft restart ur phone two times.after u restart the first time.take ur Battery out and wait one min then put back in for second time rebooting the the phone,this should fix ur problems.good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. I took out my SD card and did what you said but it is still doing it.  Any other suggestions?  Or is there any other way to do a factory reset without going to the menu?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I assume your phone is not rooted otherwise you would have mentioned that. Mine is and I had that same problem when i tried to do a factory reset while rooted to get ready to sell it. Apparently I shouldn't have! but all I had to do was boot into recovery mode and flash a new ROM onto the phone. Easy enough for me because of the root, but I doubt you could do this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have no idea what that means.  But thanks anyways

Highlighted
Wizard

penguinsrock1792,

To reset your EVO using the buttons:

Power off the device:

2. Release the Power Button and keep holding the Volume Down button until the HTC

recovery screen

3. Select Factory Reset and press the Power button to accept

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Markie_B that's not working either it just pops up the normal power options screen, with power off, airplane mode, and restart. I tried it a couple of times.

Highlighted
Wizard

penguinsrock1792,

Try this if that failed:

Power off the device:

recovery screen

3. Select Clear Storage and press the Power button to accept

Confirm at next screen. If that fails, I would suggest taking the device into a Service and Repair center near you.

Markie_B

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

u will need flash the stock rom again u have. brick ur kind of so to speak if not for a  better term g luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know how to flash the stock Rom. Or what that even means.

Highlighted
Wizard

penguinsrock1792,

I assume my last instructional post also failed to reset the device? If that is the case, then I do suggest that you take the device to a Sprint service and repair center for further assistance.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it didn't. I could never get the recovery screen to show up. But thanks anyways.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat