cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5,Galaxy S3, Evo4G LTE users, please post a snapshot of your speed in Mbps.

Journeyman

iPhone 5,Galaxy S3, Evo4G LTE users, please post a snapshot of your speed in Mbps.

I already have an s3, I was thinking of switching to Verizon, I live in Washington, D.C. I don't know how long I can wait for lte. I get 0.1-0.7 Mbps. This is depressing specially the fact that we pay an extra $10 for "premium data". Yeah  right

I want to see how the lte speeds are with you guys. Before I make a move to Verizon

18 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: iPhone 5,Galaxy S3, Evo4G LTE users, please post a snapshot of your speed in Mbps.

hop over to the network and coverage forums and you'll have a better chance of seeing what people are posting with their LTE speeds.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5,Galaxy S3, Evo4G LTE users, please post a snapshot of your speed in Mbps.

From an S3 in San Antonio, TX. Faster than my road runner at home.

Screenshot_2012-09-25-17-15-42.jpg

Journeyman

The $10 is for unlimited data not speed...

Journeyman

I cant give you a screenshot now but LTE service in Fort Worth, Tx is a joke.

Sure my Galaxy S3 gets 4g LTE signal now but the speeds are laughable at best.

I have never gotten over 2 Mbps and typically the speed is around 800 Kbps.

My 2.5 year old Evo on WiMax gets 2-3x the speed my GS3 does on LTE.

Journeyman

At least you have something the service is not 100% up yet they say it will get better.

Journeyman

You also have to consider that you may be on the edge of the tower output. If that is the case you could be getting a weak connection therefore weak throughput speeds.

GrandMaster

worse case scenario he can run something like opensignal and see which tower he/she is connecting too when they spot the LTE...then drive closer and see if it changes for them or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just to be clear I have tested my 4G LTE in multiple locations all over Fort Worth, Keller, Grapevine, Southlake.

The closest to a tower I have run a test would be about 200 feet.

Only once have I ever gotten over 10Mbps and I immediately retested to see it again (I was in shock) and the speeds were down below 2Mbps the next time.

I dont know what is going on.  Why were Verizon and ATT able to deploy and have great speeds from the get go but Sprint cannot??? Why is everything so difficult for Sprint?

Journeyman

Why because Sprint went with WiMax instead of LTE that's why bad move.Just like Sony with Betamax and VHS you guess wrong and you are behind everyone else.If they had gave up on it sooner more of the network would be done.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

probably because sprint is trying to pull of this upgrade in just over 2 years...it took roughly 4 for V and ATT..

tennis-freak wrote:

Just to be clear I have tested my 4G LTE in multiple locations all over Fort Worth, Keller, Grapevine, Southlake.

The closest to a tower I have run a test would be about 200 feet.

Only once have I ever gotten over 10Mbps and I immediately retested to see it again (I was in shock) and the speeds were down below 2Mbps the next time.

I dont know what is going on.  Why were Verizon and ATT able to deploy and have great speeds from the get go but Sprint cannot??? Why is everything so difficult for Sprint?

Journeyman

GOOD BYE GUYS

i have recently gotten off the phone with sprint and i have canceled my service

VERIZON LTE HERE I COME

BYE

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!