cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 not sending/receiving sms text from one person (Android)

Journeyman

iPhone 5 not sending/receiving sms text from one person (Android)

Hi all -

Having a vexing problem here. My wife's iPhone 5 (ATT) and my Galaxy S3 (Sprint) can not presently communicate with each other via SMS or MMS in either direction.

Neither of us are receiving messages from the other, even though both of us are getting all texts and messages from other senders on all carriers.

Any ideas why this could be?

When either of us goes to send a message to the other, it shows that it's been sent. But neither of us receives anything.

A week ago, sending and receiving was working fine.

Any ideas?

Dave

3 REPLIES

Re: iPhone 5 not sending/receiving sms text from one person (Android)

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the post. Did any changes occur between devices within the last week? Also, have you tried standard traging such as power-cycling the device, and refreshing the PRL and Profile? One more question, do you have a block list setup via your www.sprint.com account?

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi -

Have tried all of the above (power cycling, updating PRL/profile, etc.), tried changing data settings (CDMA, LTE), doublechecking messaging settings on both phones, including turning off iMessage on the iPhone. And no changes to either of our phones can I can come up with.

Dave

Dave-

It sounds like we may need to open a ticket for the issue. I'm going to send you a private message requesting some information.

Thanks,

William

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.