cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for the phone with best reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

looking for the phone with best reception

I have an LG Rumor.  Looking to upgrade.  My main concern is reception.. what phone will give me the best reception

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Master

Can not give you any concrete information  all I have is antedotal. The devices can act different between locations and between devices.  If you go to a store they may have test phones set up and you can compare them

Highlighted
Journeyman

As somesome who trades phones every 4 months on craigs list let me say that in my experience i noticed samsung phones have lower bars because of the built in radio . I switched from an oe epic to and oe Htc Evo and my bars went from 2 to 4.  The moto photon has an awesome radio ive heard  . The iphone 4s has a great radio. My wife has a nexus s and has low bars . My buddy has the new Evo lte and has 4 bars to my 2 on the Epic touch. Were talking pure wireless radio for your reception not the quality of the phone itself. Im sure in different areas you will have different situations but i had the same results in South Jersey that i had in Fort Hood TX and now Dallas dfw area. HTC and Apple just have better radios imo .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stay away from the new HTC EVO LTE, worse reception to date on Sprint Network.  Where I had very weak 3G and voice signal on my EVO 4G, I have NONE on the new EVO LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP BUT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD RECEPTION WITH HTC PHONES.  I HAVE THE GALAXY S2 NOW BUT ONLY HAVE 2 BARS. IM A BIG FAN OF SAMSUNG AND IM THINKING ABOUT BOTH THE S3 AND EVO BUT LEANING TOWARDS THE EVO BECAUSE I LIKE THE BUILD QUALITY. SORRY FOR THE CAPS

Highlighted
Journeyman

proclific wrote:

THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP BUT I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD RECEPTION WITH HTC PHONES.  I HAVE THE GALAXY S2 NOW BUT ONLY HAVE 2 BARS. IM A BIG FAN OF SAMSUNG AND IM THINKING ABOUT BOTH THE S3 AND EVO BUT LEANING TOWARDS THE EVO BECAUSE I LIKE THE BUILD QUALITY. SORRY FOR THE CAPS

Agreed, up until this new EVO LTE version...

Take a read http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/435177#435177

And http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/435176#435176

That is just 2 threads on this forum , there are more, as well as on other forums.  The phone has a weaker antenna than previous HTC's that mixed in with Sprint's crappy network, it's an Epic Fail....

I have had the new EVO for a week now and nothing but weak signal or NO 3G and spotty voice where I had better network with my EVO 4G, w/o 4G.  No doubt the HTC EVO LTE is an awesome phone, but what good when it won't work. Just my .02

Looking at SIII reviews now and maybe another carrier.

This guy is not alone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPka-6fexek

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes agree. I lvoe the screens on samsung... but the samsung has crappy antenna... somtimes i get no signal.. its bullish

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes i read those threads and i dont think its hardware. i had the exact same issues with my epic touch . If you remember when the Touch 1st came out last september ish it had all kinds of connection issues and a couple of fixes took care of a few thinks. Thats why im glad my upgrade is next month and hopefully that release a fix or two. it seems like when ever a new phone comes out it has connection issues , just look at the iphones for sprint , the epic touch , now the evo lte > same ole same ole. This stardard brand new phone issues where the developers dont know what the issues are until they read these forums and see what problem everyone seems to be having. Im sure its just a matter of time before they release an update to fix a couple issues. 

That said im still looking at the Galaxy s3 and the Evo LTE . Lets see what issues the new Galaxy will have. Im sure it will have some. people have to be the 1st one to get the new phone , when it 1st comes out theres always issues.

Question: Is there Any phone that came out recently where it had issues at all ? Give me a list and ill show the forum lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have heard that, I tried the Samsung Epic SII just before my EVO, same connnectivity issues as well. Besides crappy antenna, Sprint's crappy network.  I don't know if the SIII will be any different.  But I am a week into this new EVO and I'm certainly not gonna get bound to a contract for the next 2 years with a phone that simply doesn't work on their network...(and hoping the LTE launches this century)...

Highlighted
Journeyman

proclific wrote:

Yes i read those threads and i dont think its hardware. i had the exact same issues with my epic touch . If you remember when the Touch 1st came out last september ish it had all kinds of connection issues and a couple of fixes took care of a few thinks. Thats why im glad my upgrade is next month and hopefully that release a fix or two. it seems like when ever a new phone comes out it has connection issues , just look at the iphones for sprint , the epic touch , now the evo lte > same ole same ole. This stardard brand new phone issues where the developers dont know what the issues are until they read these forums and see what problem everyone seems to be having. Im sure its just a matter of time before they release an update to fix a couple issues. 

That said im still looking at the Galaxy s3 and the Evo LTE . Lets see what issues the new Galaxy will have. Im sure it will have some. people have to be the 1st one to get the new phone , when it 1st comes out theres always issues.

Question: Is there Any phone that came out recently where it had issues at all ? Give me a list and ill show the forum lol.

If not hardware than what?  I don't really phone hop or shop, or review, so not sure about other new phone launces and issues... (I did try the SII Epic touch, or whatever it's called, and had same connectivilty issues...)  I like the HTC Sense and the EVO and held out for the new EVO, but very disappointed in the connectivity(or lack there of) and don't want to get stuck with a paper weight for 2 yrs hoping for LTE some day (I waited 2 yrs for 4G and never got it)  Lol

I would agree that no phones come out that doesn't have any issues. But connectivity issues are prolly most important, to be able to actually use the phone for voice and internet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been using my s3 since getting it yesterday and noticed very poor 3g speeds anf signal where my ego 4g had a good signal.  I'm disappointed. Also because this phone doesn't support wimax I've lost the 4g I get downtown at my desk. I'm going to return the phone tomorrow. And yes the wimax part was my lack of research but sucks when this phone and even 3g is horrible

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im using the Epic touch Galaxy s2 and had the same issue at 1st but an update fixed it , it seems new phones have connectivity issues. We have people on this very forum/ thread ( warriors ) that has the same issues with the New Evo. Even the old evo had issues back in 2010. I wouldnt take it back unless you couldnt deal with out the 4g wimax. My Epic touch works just fine now but my upgrade is July 1 and ive decided to get the new evo even with the connection problems. Im sure it will get worked out in a month or so. Im in the Dallas Area and im sure Dallas will be one of the 1st cities to get LTE next month ( rumor ) . on top of that im moving in an area where it has no reception at all . i called tech support and they told me if you have internet that you can get a signal booster which is the size of a cable modem and it acts just like a antenna but inside your house. As long as i get reception in my house im good. when i drive about 5 minutes out of town my reception is at 3 bars and im more then ok with 3 . If theres a sprint rep reading this can you check zip 76071. North west of Dallas 35 miles . check antennas in the area.  I only get roaming out there

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat