cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for the phone with best reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

looking for the phone with best reception

I have an LG Rumor.  Looking to upgrade.  My main concern is reception.. what phone will give me the best reception

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

proclific wrote:

Im using the Epic touch Galaxy s2 and had the same issue at 1st but an update fixed it , it seems new phones have connectivity issues. We have people on this very forum/ thread ( warriors ) that has the same issues with the New Evo. Even the old evo had issues back in 2010. I wouldnt take it back unless you couldnt deal with out the 4g wimax. My Epic touch works just fine now but my upgrade is July 1 and ive decided to get the new evo even with the connection problems. Im sure it will get worked out in a month or so. Im in the Dallas Area and im sure Dallas will be one of the 1st cities to get LTE next month ( rumor ) . on top of that im moving in an area where it has no reception at all . i called tech support and they told me if you have internet that you can get a signal booster which is the size of a cable modem and it acts just like a antenna but inside your house. As long as i get reception in my house im good. when i drive about 5 minutes out of town my reception is at 3 bars and im more then ok with 3 . If theres a sprint rep reading this can you check zip 76071. North west of Dallas 35 miles . check antennas in the area.  I only get roaming out there

I never had 4g Wimax, been on 3G since I had my OEVO 2 yrs ago.  I am not willing to get stuck with a paper weight wating for Sprint or HTC to come up with a "fix" for the failure of this phone's reception.  Wating a month or so or whenever Sprint acknowledges that there is a problem, will be too late. Taking my new EVO LTE back mon, turnin on my OEVO and wating to see what the i5 brings or move on back to Verizon.  I came from them 2 yrs ago with the launce of the EVO 4G, and we know how that turned out, never got 4G and paid for  "premium" service. Pfffttttt. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

to me if your looking for best signal strength you need to check around where you are see what phones everyone  using and see how good their signals are. ask questions go into a sprint store and look at the bars on the phones on display where you reside. someone in miami is not gonna have the same signal strength as someone in kansas.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gotta do whats best for you. I cant fault you for not wanting to get stuck for 2 years with no reception. Smart move on waitng for the iphone 5 they always had great wireless radios. but me myself i cant afford Verizon or at&t. I left from att and switched to nextel then to sprint. I pay about 220.00 per month on sprint and have 4 smart phones under contract sharing 1500 minutes and unlimited data and all paying the 10.00 4g charge per phone, the good thing for me is i actually have wimax 4g and it works great in zip 76119 FT Worth TX, Moved from jersey didnt have 4g . basically paying for 10x4 for the data charge iand im the only one that is in an area that has 4g. my other 3 lines are not getting wimax. If i was the only one on my plan , maybe i would try another carrier but i cant afford to leave so ill deal with sprints 3G for now and hope LTE will fix things. if i left i would have to pay early term fees for 4 phones. By the way i didnt say YOU had Wimax 4G  i said you had connection issues , i was replying to the  dan5021 post .

Highlighted
Journeyman

proclific wrote:

Gotta do whats best for you. I cant fault you for not wanting to get stuck for 2 years with no reception. Smart move on waitng for the iphone 5 they always had great wireless radios. but me myself i cant afford Verizon or at&t. I left from att and switched to nextel then to sprint. I pay about 220.00 per month on sprint and have 4 smart phones under contract sharing 1500 minutes and unlimited data and all paying the 10.00 4g charge per phone, the good thing for me is i actually have wimax 4g and it works great in zip 76119 FT Worth TX, Moved from jersey didnt have 4g . basically paying for 10x4 for the data charge iand im the only one that is in an area that has 4g. my other 3 lines are not getting wimax. If i was the only one on my plan , maybe i would try another carrier but i cant afford to leave so ill deal with sprints 3G for now and hope LTE will fix things. if i left i would have to pay early term fees for 4 phones. By the way i didnt say YOU had Wimax 4G  i said you had connection issues , i was replying to the  dan5021 post .

I'm just not a fan of iphone, but in order to stay with Sprint, I dunno....I'm at a loss now.  Heck can anyone afford VZW or ATT?  Lol, My Mama always said... " you get what you pay for", But at least you get 4G, and if that were the case than no brainer till LTE launced.

*oops, sorry. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im Moving to a town where theres no sprint store and had no coverage what so ever. i havent been up there long enough to check other sprint users but the 3 people i been in touch with have at&t. Even verizon is a no go there. i'll see more when i move next week . Look like im going to need a signal booster in that area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not a fan of the Iphone my self but im not a hater , I had the iphone for 2 months and traded it back to my epic touch. The things that bothered me on the iphone besides the 3.5in screen are. The keyboard is great for letters but any kind of punctuation or numers you gotta flip to a different screen( thats wack ) and if you down load an app from itunes you just cant start using it right away you actually had to sync phone to itunes to be able to use the new app ( also wack ) no short cut for wifi , you gotta go into settings ( pain in the butt ) However besides those things ios was pretty cool. I just missed being able to down load an app on the android market and using it right away.

I wish other companys were aloud by apple to make phones  like say the galaxy s3 with ios then see how much apple dominates lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

proclific wrote:

Im not a fan of the Iphone my self but im not a hater , I had the iphone for 2 months and traded it back to my epic touch. The things that bothered me on the iphone besides the 3.5in screen are. The keyboard is great for letters but any kind of punctuation or numers you gotta flip to a different screen( thats wack ) and if you down load an app from itunes you just cant start using it right away you actually had to sync phone to itunes to be able to use the new app ( also wack ) no short cut for wifi , you gotta go into settings ( pain in the **** ) However besides those things ios was pretty cool. I just missed being able to down load an app on the android market and using it right away.

I wish other companys were aloud by apple to make phones  like say the galaxy s3 with ios then see how much apple dominates lol.

I agree, I'm not a hater either, just not a fan, they do have great reception, even on Sprint network.  Only played with one, never dug into it, didn't know about all those quirks...less of a fan now. Lol. 

*  Yea that would be interesting to say the least..Hmmmm. You may be on to something. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Actually, with iOS 5 (introduced last year) you no longer need to use iTunes, ever, at all (unless for purchasing music and video from Apple).

I don't use my phone for my owned video or music and I've never ever (not even once) used iTunes or ever sync'd my phone to my desktop and iTunes.

Open Apps (Store) application on iPhone, find the app you want, download it to your phone, and open and use the app.

I use iCloud, and Bluetooth and WiFi along with various photography apps and others, and Dropbox for syncing and file transfers.

The thing about the iPhone is, anyone can begin using it and get moderately competent and not get lost and confused, but to use it to its fullest extent, one has to read the manual.

Most people never even learn how much easier life is by learning to use a double-press of the Home button.

EDIT: sorry, guess I was replying to the guy before you...

Message was edited by: seeblue1

Highlighted
Journeyman

seeblue1 wrote:

Actually, with iOS 5 (introduced last year) you no longer need to use iTunes, ever, at all (unless for purchasing music and video from Apple).

I don't use my phone for my owned video or music and I've never ever (not even once) used iTunes or ever sync'd my phone to my desktop and iTunes.

Open Apps (Store) application on iPhone, find the app you want, download it to your phone, and open and use the app.

I use iCloud, and Bluetooth and WiFi along with various photography apps and others, and Dropbox for syncing and file transfers.

The thing about the iPhone is, anyone can begin using it and get moderately competent and not get lost and confused, but to use it to its fullest extent, one has to read the manual.

Most people never even learn how much easier life is by learning to use a double-press of the Home button.

EDIT: sorry, guess I was replying to the guy before you...

Message was edited by: seeblue1

Sokay, helps me out for future ref...Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ seeblue1

Im an adroid user and wanted to try the iphone so bad so i got the iphone 4s 16 gb I read the manual and learned a few things on ios. Even went on youtube to learn how to make a short cut on ios for the wifi , which should have come on the phone. But as for having to use the apple software on your pc to sync an app i downloaded an app called

file locker so you can lock your pictures and videos and it didnt work . its not about reading the manual theres nothing in the manaul about installing file locker. I went on the apps website its self and found out you have to sync it to your pc even youtubed it . I know with ios5 you can down load most apps from the itunes store and use it but not file locker

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/file-locker/id322804274?mt=8      <<<<< this is the app i installed. If you have an iphone try downloading it on the phone and see if it works.

An app called Vaulty on the android market works right away with out syncing it to the pc. Im not some rookie just learning how to use phones i actually rooted 4 phones and rooted my Kindle fire to run full android. I was about to jailbreak the iphone 4s but then it dawned on me . i was trying to get swype and android market on my iphone like somepeople have if you youtube it but all those features are on an android phone so i just decided not to jailbreak and traded back to a galaxy s2. Im not an iphone hater at all just prefer android. Just like some apple users wanting to try android , they usually dont like it right off the bat so they wind up going back to apple. I could wait for iphone 5 but i dont feel like waiting til sept or oct . Also im a firm believer the iphone is the best looking phones and thats why i got it not caring about ios . i just like the look of it and still do ( best build quality )

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes I follow you.  What is still true, if I wasn't clear, is, if you want music and video on the iPhone you have to use iTunes to get it on (whether you bought music/video from Apple or not). You can do that via WiFi or USB cable.

If you don't place music and video on your phone; and many people don't, you never need to use iTunes, ever (not for photos, texts, pdf's, ebooks, notes, or software updates, and on and on).

There are a several good WiFi and Bluetooth photo apps which will sync directly to desktop Aperture/iPhoto or Lightroom, etc. and handle syncing of other document types.

The iPhone is most suited for people that just like stuff to work, and work well. It's also suited to people who like to use apps, many apps, and get after their work or play.  Since the Homescreen is so basic and to the point, if you're not doing work or play within an app, you just put the thing to sleep.  I've got about 70+ apps for various specific activites I do or monitor.  I like the fact that iOS just works and stays out of my way.  Maybe I'm lucky, but I've never done a reset, a reboot or had any more than a fractional second of lag/hang-up (probably due to an app).

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes i understand you about if you want music and videos you have to use itunes and i got no problem what so ever with that, I still use my Microsoft Zune hd ( dont laugh lol)

and you gotta sync as well. i was refering  to an app called file locker and 2 other apps that did the same thing , non worked unless it was sync ( i tried everything else 1st trust me ) If i still am not getting what you saying im sorry , but the bottm line is those 3 apps didnt work until i synced to the pc using apples sofware. sounds like your more of an apple person by the way your saying no lag and it working. Maybe you dont have sprint but when the iphone 1st came out on sprint it had connection issues and i can show the complaints in sprint forum. as for laggy phones the latest android phones dont lag because of there duel core and bigger processors. less powered android phones lag like a mug  so i feel you there.

I also use many apps and have no lag on the Galaxy s2 but when it 1st came out it had connection issues just like the iphone did , not saying you did but there were complaints right in sprint forum. that said the latest android phones and iphones dont lag , they have much more cpu now .

when you said iphone users like stuff to work , what are the complaints your hearing thats not working? all i hear is about the connectivity issues when phones just come out which is also the gps. speaking of gps the iphone until ios6 comes out didnt have turn by turn voice gps like any android phone from 2009. I had a Laggy ( lol  ) samsung moment that has turn by turn .

Apples old phones 3gs still work well and dont lag but then again apple only has one company to make iphones , suppose you got 4 big companys making iphones thats not apple , you got make it all work , android has lg , sony, samsung , htc ,etc and all run on android so im sure theres some issues to deal with. thats where apples is more in tune .( get it ) in tune

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat