cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for the phone with best reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

looking for the phone with best reception

I have an LG Rumor.  Looking to upgrade.  My main concern is reception.. what phone will give me the best reception

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wizard

I have minmal experience with, and no interest in other platforms (but enough to know what I like), so I avoid engaging in any discussion about them. I try to only speak from what I know; my platform (iOS) point of view. My only point about iPhone, it just works is, it's easy to use and stays out of your way (minimal thought required, i.e., intuitive): one Homescreen (multiple pages), one multi-function button (Home), no battery access, no SD card access (nothing to mess with). You can't get lost: finger, Home button, finger, app, finger, Home button.  There's nothing to look at when on the Home screen except a few status icons and time, your apps, folders and badges, and the windowscreen. Period. Further, in my experience, it's by far the most bug-free software I've ever used (and that's a lot).  I'm shocked at how stable iOS has been for me. I'll leave it to you to compare this to other platforms. But, potential downside is, iOS is completely about the apps and nothing else. There's minimal access to settings or the ability to customize the look and feel. Some consumers find this experience extemely boring and unsatisfying. That's why there's a choice of platforms.

Sprint couldn't handle the network data load when the iPhone was released and/or had related network config issues or something, and was just implementing Network Vision when the iPhone was released. That's why you're seeing a bit fewer 3G data speed complaints lately, as they improve their network.  Maybe it will begin taking another hit as they boost Boost and Virgin, and loads of S III and Evo LTE users fall onto 3G.

There are many turn-by-turn navigation apps in the App Store (free and paid). One commonly used free one is Waze. But you can purchase TeleNav.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now i got  it  go for what you know secret apple guy lol .as for the turn by turn with voice i was talking about stock os no apps. Google maps are  on both platforms but it has voice on android and not on the ios sure its easy to down load an app but gps should be a feature on the phone. i never downloaded gps on any of my phones until i got an iphone. ios6 will finally have maps with voice stock. As far as the home screen with apple putting all the apps on the screens and not in an area for apps. all you gotta do is hit the home button on android and theres all your apps . it effects the wallpaper on the iphone having all there apps in the way.  i wonder if ios6 is going to have folders like android 4.0 so you can put all the app icons there And maximize your wallpapers on the iphone. Its not like you cant customize your wallpaper on ios its just you cant see the picture to well with the icons in the way. Believe me like i said i prefer android thats all im not an android fan boy. I gave the iphone a fair shot and now have respect for it. really all i need is a bigger screen and a keyboard like android where you can long press the buttons to add symbols or numbers. The gps or app icons didnt bother me too much. it was the keyboard and the using password  everytime you download and app. finally io6 you wont have to do it .

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat