Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone profile not updating correctly

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

phone profile not updating correctly

Hi ,

I have had sprint for a year with a number, I just ported my number 2 days ago, my phone will not update the profile with my correct tn number. It shows the number listed on the sprint website. but my phone refuses to update. I can get it to update with the code sprint has me do. which i know by memory. but as soon as the profile is updated it reflects my first number with sprint, and doesn't show my number that is listed through the website. Anyone have ideas , i took to the sprint store and they refused to do anything with my phone. I have not been able to make a phone call since friday. this has to be fixed

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: phone profile not updating correctly

It seams like when they ported your number, they just kept your old account. Call Tech Support and ask them to update your account with the correct # associated with it. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do in your end, because your phone will update the profile with what the local tower (Sprint) will say, and they seem to have the old account activated.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Taz,

What model is your handset?

And arr your referring to ##72786# as the code you have been entering to get it to provision correctly?

Journeyman

Thanks. I called sprint they wanted me to do the program ##72786# code again. it seems like it may be working..fingers crossed.. they did say it was back logged but it should be working now from what sprint told me.

Wizard

taznation@aol.com,

Let me know how everything works out. Make sure to check Phone, Text and data to make sure everything is working. Otherwise, feel free to respond back to this thread and we will get you assisted.

Thanks,

Chris

Journeyman

I did both manual programs ##302268# and the ##72786# as well. I has so far still retained the correct number that was ported to sprint. I can't make calls.I make a call I get the message "could not complete the call" from a female voice.  If I send a text it appears to send it but,doesn't go through to the receipient.

Master

Just a stupid question: Do you have an Airave in your house? If you do try to turn it off and then proceed again.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Nope,don't have airave

Master

If your still having problems updating it correctly. Your probably going to need to pay a visit t oyour local Sprint Repair Center so they can do it from their computer.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat