Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

querty physical keyboard real smart phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

querty physical keyboard real smart phones

I have been scanning sprints enventory for over a year waiting on a good smart phone with a key board like verizons motorola droid. i use my phone for business, do alot of data entry and regardless of the speculation and reviews, the vitual touchscreen keyboards are not cutting it for intense data entry and typing. I have held onto my palm pre for 2 years for this very reason. Most of the phones in this catagory have multiple flaws beginning with 1) most new ones are merley multi media phones, not real smart phones, lacking alot of features, small screens, low pixal cameras, etc,..The last real smart phones i saw with keyboards would be the 1)evo shift wich was a watered down verion of the actual evo. the addition of the keyboard was made at the cost of sacrificing camera pixals, screen size and other features. the 2)samsung epic, wich was actualy decent but is now out dated, 3)blackberries wich were top in this class at one time but now has become lacking in to many features, services, and apps. can we please get a real smart phone with a keyboard with ALL FEATURES? Not sure why so many manufactures, and sprint have moved away form this as logically a phone with both the options of  a touch screen keyboard and physical querty keyboard should be more appealing to all rather than a phone with just the option of a touch screen. Although one obvious answer might be its cheaper to make them with only one option but to that i answer u could sell more with both options. remember the costumers always right?? mabe sprint could look into getting the motorola droid

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm not saying that there isn't a place for a keyboard phone, but with better software keyboards, autocorrection, shortcuts and personal dictionaries, dictation (voice to text), and the ability to pair a phone with a bluetooth keyboard, the market for keyboard phones is shrinking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i disagree. first, the so called advances in virtual keyboard sofware, ergo..autocorreect, etc.. are more trouble than thier worth. more often than not u have to correct the corrections made by the auto correct as it often assumes a correction when one was not needed. but this is rather irrelevant as the seame features along with the dictionary work with the physical querty keyboard also and are not an exclusive function of the virtual keyboard. as for voice to text,lol, an unperfected technology and again is un associated with the virtual key board and is extremely prone to error. the phone is a device that is readily available to a customer at pratically all times like your house keys unlike a lap top or, bluetooth keyboard.dont exactly walk around with a keyboard in my pocket. The funcionality and practicality of ones cell phone are essential for those that conduct business at unschedualled times, and basically its just practical to be prepared to handle business at all times when possible. as i said befor, for this very reason i conduct a lot of business from my phone, data entry, official emails, etc,, that i often have to create and send at the spur of the moment and cant afford the time consuming, and inefficient errors of an virtual keyboard. i dont believe the market is shrinking rather than the option being shrunk by some manufactures and providers due to poor customer relation (knowing what the customer actualy wants) and mabe cost cutting on the manufacturing side. again as i said befor, it is benificial to the customer to have both options as opposed to one and even to those that use thier phones exclusively for social media, texting and entertainment purposes alone, im sure would agree that the keybord is more efficient and preferrable. im sure a simple poll to sprints customers would back up my theory on this customer prefernce. we simply are not being given the option, especialy on sprint at the moment

Highlighted

Sprint and other carriers and only sell what is manufactured and also is in popular demand. That's whay the iPhone is one top the top brand of smartphone out there. I have the replenish because i love the touchscreen but still need a keyboard. So far so good and I do everything on it. Also no matter how a carrier go to great lengths to get a product, it's up to the manufacturer on who's get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well what is considered in "popular demand" is whats in question as far as sprint is concerned and that is argumentative.The the fact that u use a phone with a keyboard kind of makes my point. thier is a demand for them, sprint just needs to  acknowledge the demand. yes there are few offered by manufactureres but they are out there. production will increase by demand. the carrier "assumes" what the demand is of the customer then makes the demands to the manufacturer. the manufacturer then offers the product at a negotiated price and terms and the carrier decides wether its profitable to egage those contracts, so it boils down to what sprint  believes is wanted by the customer. they do have the option to offer more than they are currently doing, i think they just dont believe there is enough demand. wich goes back to my saying they need to do more market investigation and customer relation work. mabe some sort of mailbox customers can make suggestions and requst to.(ive repeated asked about one befor) so they can get a better understanding of whats really wanted. if they ask the manufacturer, they will provide. its all money

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am with you bigojac.  Phyical keyboards are great.  With that said, the bulk is not, and thats the reason many dont like it.  Personally, I had Android phones in the past such as the EVO and wife had Shift for a short while before going to the BB Bold.  We finally ended up with the HTC Arrive which is the best phisical keyboard we have ever used and loved the OS way more than Android and to a lesser degre iOS.  We had them until 04/06 when Nokia launched their Lumias on ATT but for the year + we had them, the OS was extremely stable, fast and different.  Not once did we ever have it crash on me in all that time and MS Word, Outlook, etc were great.  While many may not like the Arrive for the bulk, the OS is my personal favorite.  They just announces WP 7.8 upgrade to the Arrive and other 1st and 1.5 gen devices (www.wpcentral.com). 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat