cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

replacement phone

what phone will i get for a replacement of my nexus s 4g from Sprint. They don't have it new. I wanted to know what they will offer when I get the replacement for my phone.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master

Thery don't replace with new, You'll get a refurbished Nexus, or a comparable device if they have none, which most likely they do have refurb Nexus's available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Basically I pay 100 dollar for a used phone that could crap out the next day after I get it. Thanks for the information.

Highlighted
Master

New Nexus S 4Gs are no longer being manufactured by Samsung.

All electronics manufacturers are going to replace defective or damaged equipment with refurbished or recertified equipment (unless it is so new there are none available). Mobile phones are no exception. I don't understand how people still think this is a weird idea. Your phone is used, it is no longer new, you are not within a return/exchange period.

If you had a Motorola phone and went through Motorola for a warranty issue, they would either repair the phone or replace it with a refurbished device. Sprint works under the same exact rules the manufacturers do; except Sprint does all of the leg work for you with shipping the phone back to the manufacturer, and giving you a replacement phone sooner than they would. This is the main advantage of Sprint's TEP plan, you do not need to ship your phone off to the manufacturer and wait 2-4 weeks for a repair or replacement. Sprint's Advanced Exchange process either gets you a phone that day in an S&R store if it is in stock, or they will order you one and have it in 3-4 days, for free with TEP; then Sprint wil lsend your old phone to the manufacturer to be repaired.

Highlighted
Master

halcyoncmdr123, the weird part is not that we don't get that, is just that the phones they they send out are not refurbished or recertified, they are just broken phones that someone send it in, and they turn around and send it right out, just because some technician thinks it's working without checking on details.

That is the weird part, why pay $100 to get a phone that potentially might have more problems then the one you send out.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

- DJ_Damjano That is not true, I do not know where your base that statement on. Usually the only parts that get used again are the internals like MB with chip set and screen unless one of those is damaged. The rest is usually completely replaced. Then after that each phone gets inspected on errors, which is more than at the manufacturer where one out of the so many gets inspected on quality. Phones get more complicated so there are more chances on errors, some of which won't show up when testing the device but only during usage. If your replacement does not function you will get send another one, but the chances of it not functioning are just as big or small as when you buy a new phone.

- Mark

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, that's what happened to me - paid $100.00 a couple of months ago for "insured" HTC Evo Shift - now "refurbished" replacement phone has exact same issues as previous phone.  Nice

Highlighted
Journeyman

- SophiasMom

That is not good at all, but I hope you can understand that especially smart phones these days are complicated pieced of equipment with a lot of things that can give errors. There are certain issues you cannot see during testing. The same as that happened to you can happen with a brand new out of the box device. Did you go back to where ever they did the replacement for you? They should be able to order you are new replacement and what issues are you having?

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dutchie,

So help me to understand something here.  I just had to replace my LG Optimus G that I bout on the 5th of January because I dropped it and the glass shattered.  I got the LG because it has  4 processors, better than the Samsung.  When I called to get it replaced the representative said and I quote "We are replacing it with a Samsung Gallexy 3, blue".  Why not an LG? "They NO longer make that phone".  This was an outright lie.  I didn’t even get a choice of color.  So where is my recourse for this?  They make it very clear at the end of the transaction that this is final and not returnable.  But I was lie too!  My phone is arriving today but I am not opening it until I can get more clarification.  I thought the policy was to replace with equal or greater value?  The Samsung doesn't have 4 processors.

Also, was it possible that the LG manufacture would have replaced the phone on the manufacture 1 year warranty?  I did read on another thread that someone had their phone replaced from the manufacture.  Is this something the Sprint sales people are not aware of or they just fail to mention it, if it’s true?

Thank You,

Highlighted
Journeyman

- JWC39

It is odd they state that as we still have the LG Optimus G for sale. If your device is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair (broken/shattered screen, water damage etc.) and you need to file an insurance claim you do this with Asurion. They handle the device protection claims for most big carriers in the US. They are not owned or controlled by Sprint and have their own inventory. The customer service representative you talk to does not sell phones and just deals with lists of devices that they can offer as replacement for your phone. I can imagine that somehow they did not have inventory for your device on their list and then automatically assumed that they are not build anymore. This does not make it right, but I can imagine that this was the situation.

Have you accepted their offer? If not please private message me your phone number, shipping address and security pin/answer. I am more than happy to contact them on your behalf and if needed escalate the case over there.

You are always free to contact LG yourself, but please be aware that broken/shattered glass is not considered as covered under the warranty by manufacturers. If it was we would be able to replace your phone as an advanced exchange and you would not need to file a claim.

Please let me know if you want me to contact them on your behalf.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I obtain your private email?

Highlighted
Master

Click on his user name. On the page your directed to you should see a Private Message link to send them a PM. There may even be an email link if it's not blocked.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat