cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which phone has the best internal antena

Highlighted
Journeyman

which phone has the best internal antena

where i live i have lots of trees. and kinda in a small valley. all the Sprint maps show i have very good service. sorry nope. our area only has 3g. i just came out of a EVO4g. it had 2 bars all the time at my house. also the internet on the phone was slow but usable. i also could use my pda.net app with my laptop. it worked but was slow.i upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy2 Epic 4g touch.the phone shows 1 bar of service. the internet in the phone barely works and forget about using PDAnet of even the teather program. too slow.im still with in my 14 day window.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

From what you've mentioned, it actually sounds like you would benefit more from an Airave device.  Do you have high speed internet service at home?  The Airave boosts our signal in your home up to 5000 square feet.  If you're interested in finding out more, let me know and I'll send you a private message to see what we can do to help.

Thanks,

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

i do not have high speed internat at my house.i was trying to avoid getting internet at my house.

Highlighted
Wizard

Well darn, that idea wont work then.  Just to be sure we aren't having any network issues where you're at, can you provide an address to a business close by or send me a private message with your address so I can look at the surrounding towers?  If everything checks out and you are in one of the service gap areas, the only other thing I can really think of is a CDMA booster.  I've never used one and don't have much information on them, but a web search will get you more info if it's an idea you're willing to entertain.

Highlighted
Wizard

MOPARTEC1 wrote:

the internet in the phone barely works and forget about using PDAnet of even the teather program. too slow.im still with in my 14 day window.

D4V1D, would a booster be compatible with PDAnet so that he will be able to steal service from Sprint instead of paying for the Mobile Hotspot?

Highlighted
Wizard

Per the terms and conditions:

Specific Terms & Restrictions On Using Data Services

In addition to the rules for using all of our other Services, unless we identify the Service or Device that you have selected as specifically intended for that purpose (for example, wireless routers, Data Link, etc.), you can't use our data Services: (1) with server devices or host computer applications or other systems that drive continuous, heavy traffic or data sessions; (2) as a substitute or backup for private lines or frame relay connections; or (3) for any other unintended use as we determine in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to limit, suspend, or constrain any heavy, continuous data usage that adversely impacts our networks performances or hinders access to our networks. If your Services include web or data access, you also can't use your Device as a modem for computers or other equipment, unless we identify the Service or Device you have selected as specifically intended for that purpose (for example, with "phone as modem" plans, Sprint Mobile Broadband card plans, wireless router plans, etc.).

Highlighted

When I first got my Epic touch I noticed that the signal strength bars went down one from my EVO and it seemed like the data transfer was slower.  Since then I have compared the two many times side by side and what I discovered is that they were both opening pages on the web about the same rate.  After updating my PRL and Profile it seems that the Epic is a little faster.  The data speed programs like Speedtest etc. always seem to rate the Epic a little slower and signal strength programs do as well but in real world comparison the Epic fairs well, just my experience though.  Rick

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah also try not to judge by the bars. from phone to phone they will read differently even though theyre receiving the same exact signal. the same was said between the EVO 4G and the EVO 3D. a bar or two less than the original..but still performed the same

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

MOPARTEC1 wrote:

where i live i have lots of trees. and kinda in a small valley. all the Sprint maps show i have very good service. sorry nope. our area only has 3g. i just came out of a EVO4g. it had 2 bars all the time at my house. also the internet on the phone was slow but usable. i also could use my pda.net app with my laptop. it worked but was slow.i upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy2 Epic 4g touch.the phone shows 1 bar of service. the internet in the phone barely works and forget about using PDAnet of even the teather program. too slow.im still with in my 14 day window.

I have read that Motorola phones have the best radios. I don't know if that is true or not so take it with a grain of salt.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ive decide to keep this phone. away from my house the phone is great. i guess im just going to have to live with poor signal. i have talked with my hieghbors who have cell phones that are on the V network. they have the same problem.so it is our street then.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah unfortunatley you'll  lose quite a bit of reception and speeds while indoors. figure in a regular home its held together with nails, staples, metal bands..full of accessories..that are metal..with wiring through every wall..

apartments are even worse..just depends on if your place is on the side with the tower or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat