cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why stay with sprint

Journeyman

why stay with sprint

I drop at least two calls a day on my iphone.   my wifes phone is a blackberry flip which barely gets surface and is a waist of time if you want to browse the internet which sprint makes me pay for but wont give me an early up grade to a better phone for her   i have been a loyal customer since 2008 and i believe i will be switching to at&t so she can get a new phone and i wont drop as many calls   i would rather pay an early cancellation fee then to buy a new phone to use a company that is not being very fair in this whole deal.  plus the at&t customers around me do not seem to have any problems dropping calls.  why do we pay hundreds of dollars a month only to drop a call more than twice a day?

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: why stay with sprint

Im thinking of leaving too, the network speeds are ridiculously slow. Im going to wait until LTE before I make my mind up.

Journeyman

It may be the phone having hardware issues. I've never had call drop problems unless in an area with a fickle/bad signal. Try installing an app to increase network range if all else fails.

I WAS going to leave Sprint, but they met my deadline for making ICS available to the Evo 3D.

Journeyman

Im not familier with that app i will try it     i still believe they should allow an early up grade it is rediculous that my wifes phone is as bad as it is

Highlighted
Patron

Remember that dropped calls are also dependant on where you are, among other factors.  My entire family uses AT&T, and they all get dropped calls from time to time, though it's very rare now as opposed to a few years ago.  I'm the only one who switched to another service and went with Sprint.

It's also pretty common to hear about dropped calls on iPhones running on AT&T.  People had no choice at first but a lot of folks switched to Verizon as soon as they got the iPhone for this reason.

As far as I am concerned, I think in my years of using Sprint, I've only gotten maybe 5 or 6 dropped calls.  I live in Houston and we tend to have good network service.  Sprint has the weakest network in total as far as I know, when compared to the other 3 major carriers.  But they also are the only ones offering unlimited data plans along with unlimited mobile to mobile calling among all carriers.

I recommend you ask around if anyone you know on a different carrier gets as many dropped calls as you do, and with which phones.  Good luck!

Wizard

Try installing an app to increase network range if all else fails.

What app are you referring to?

Wizard

Chevon954 wrote:

Im thinking of leaving too, the network speeds are ridiculously slow. Im going to wait until LTE before I make my mind up.

You could be waiting 18 months.

Journeyman

Dude, you realize spint doesnt allow an early upgrade just because you threaten.  And At&t doesnt do early upgrades and you pay thru the nose for their LIMITED data plans.  And a loyal customer since 2008....really..4 years is not loyal....I am a loyal customer since 2000..thats 12 years...and depending on where you live..coverage may not be any better with att..it also depends on what is near your home and how and when your home was constructed.  my mother n laws house was built in the 50's in middle of columbus and I GET NO reception in her basement next to the window.  Dont blame sprint for not researching the RIM service phones..blackberry flips are notorious for dropped calls , bad reception and data corruption...go Motorola Photon...great phone, low cost, high feature..touchscreen 4.3" android..awesome phone as an upgrade..super fast 1000mhz processor.  my wife has had hers for a year and i just upgraded to it too...easy to use..Sorry you have had issues but work with sprint..at home use you wireless HOME internet to use the internet on your phone....saves battery and frustration

Journeyman

I had the reverse situation.  I went to ATT and I had terrible recption at home (I work out of the house, works great everywhere else).  I tried microcell, simcard, calling everyother day, etc. with no luck.  ATT was not all that great where I live.  40 days into it after trying it all, I had to pay ETF's and they would not allow a pass in regards to paying ETF's.  ATT is no different in regards to industry standards with ETF's.  You may have to pay the ETF and sell you phone in ebay (Good resale value on iphones still).  You will make up the cost.  End result, I had to come back to Sprint with my iPhone4s because I never disconnect with it even though I prefer the Nokia 900 on ATT much more than the iPhone. 

Wizard

Well, I had to pay $50 for EFT for my son's line because he does not get service on campus.

I have 2 other lines with Sprint with $150 total EFT. I am gone as soon as Note 2 comes out

The network is slow but I always get service where I go.

Sprint Product Ambassador

If your home is in area with bad service, you can call Sprint and get a femto cell to put in your home (provided you have cable internet access).  I do not know about the cost of this femto cell, but it may be worth the cost to have good recption around your house.  The femto cell is basically a small base station to provide the radio to your phone, the box is connected back to Sprint network via your cable internet service.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
GrandMaster

you mean an airave?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat