cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will Sprint get the iphone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: will Sprint get the iphone?

Im really sorry dude, but a lot of what u just said is just plain and simply, not true.

Now i love my sprint network, and i do agree that it is much better than AT&T, but keep in mind, you probably dont know more, yourself, than an entire company. Apple made the decision to go with AT&T for a reason and no matter how much we think we know, we will never know the ENTIRE reason why.

Now that is neither here nor there. Let me break your comments down...

• AT&T does not suck bad. They are actually fine. You may be in a bad area, Sprint has those too. But go ahead and check their coverage, they are MUCH more available than you are giving them credit for.
  • Their Data is not slow. Its the next fastest data, behind Sprint, by only a little. Do some research and you will come to the same realization.
  • As for the Evo having more features.... eh.... that depends on what u mean by features really. But, of course, one thing is not going to throw the scales off-balance.
  • True, iPhone cannot output to TV, i wish it could.
  • Evo has better tech specs (kind of) for the camera, but almost any honest evo user would agree when i say that the camera when it comes to video recording is CRAP in comparison to the iphone 4. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waq8jMLT2Ro and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GB8YYe0UCU this guy did a test by building a device that can carry both phones at the same time so he can record. These are recorded on the phones default settings. And if u didnt know, the Evo captures at 20fps while the iphone 4 is 30fps)
  • Bigger screen yes, faster screen no. Research
  • Android is versatile, yes, but is ridiculously fragmented and  not secure. This is fact. This is exactly why, according to Netflix representative Greg Peters, Netflix isnt on the Android system yet.
  • Widgets are nice, yes, but they cant make up for the lack of applications in comparison to the iphone app store.
  • You already mentioned customization
  • Google voice is nice, but apple offers alternatives (lol, plus i dont, personally, know anybody who uses google voice. lol)
  • I agree, the sprint network is better. Hands down
  • Keep in mind that there are two sides to grass. The side that you are on, and the other side. If you change sides, the other side (the one you just came from) will become greener over time.

Now, i want the evo; its a very nice phone. But if the iphone was on sprint, i would choose it. The general public prefers an OS like the iphone. No hassle, easy to use. Android lets you roam free, yes, but there are consequences for that. Apple says, we will protect you and give you a seamless experience, but you have to live under our umbrella.

So, i agree with you in part, but i have to mostly disagree, because of the facts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with you Android is a great OS, and Sprint has become a great cell company again.  Android is a great system, but when you look at Apple's OS, available apps and now TV shows and movies apple offers a better and more uniform experience.  I am not a Apple fan boy and I had a lot of hope for the android handset, but when the day ends the iPhone does what I want with less effort than the current android handsets.  That said I hope the iPhone does come to Sprint eventually not to replace the android phones, but so that it is sold along side the the android phones.  That way people can choose which phone meets their needs best. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah... ummm that contract was up in 2011.  I think were going to get it soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: will Sprint get the iphone- from an at&t insider and happy sprint customer

too many bad reports on the iphone. I had to left att&t because of bad coverage, however, when I was using the iphone, it was simply amaizing! to bad I had to move a small mid-west town where att&t does not care much about reception. Otherwise, I would have stayed forever with my iphone. Iphone has no rival yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: will Sprint get the iphone- from an at&t insider and happy sprint customer

Who cares!  The Evo is way better!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am happy with Sprints service I won't change! I have the Epic 4g and this phone is the best phone I have ever had. I hear the EVO is good but I am happy with my Epic. I use to have the Iphone and the android phones are just better in my opinion! At&t services sucks so does there customer service. My boss left Verizon cause there service sucked as well. Keep up the great prices and great service Sprint! You have a customer for life!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can appreciate where your coming from. as far as the hard ware and soft where when comparing the EVO and the Iphone. Yet bare in mine the amount of work, and time the Iphone has had on the market. the EVO is a great phone and its a close second to the iphone. give it more time and i think it may have the potential to smack the iphone down. Im upset with that new EVO shift crap though. apple is just a great company. sprint would do well to get on their side. i haven't touched a windows computer in over 8 years after i got my macbook. EVO needs netflix and lil more work. HTC need to keep the original body and just tweak it to perfection in accordance with the times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if sprint will carry the new touch screen blackberry dakaota??

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat