cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will Sprint get the iphone?

31 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: will Sprint get the iphone?

Does anyone know if sprint will carry the new touch screen blackberry dakaota??

Journeyman

I can appreciate where your coming from. as far as the hard ware and soft where when comparing the EVO and the Iphone. Yet bare in mine the amount of work, and time the Iphone has had on the market. the EVO is a great phone and its a close second to the iphone. give it more time and i think it may have the potential to smack the iphone down. Im upset with that new EVO shift crap though. apple is just a great company. sprint would do well to get on their side. i haven't touched a windows computer in over 8 years after i got my macbook. EVO needs netflix and lil more work. HTC need to keep the original body and just tweak it to perfection in accordance with the times.

Journeyman

I too am happy with Sprints service I won't change! I have the Epic 4g and this phone is the best phone I have ever had. I hear the EVO is good but I am happy with my Epic. I use to have the Iphone and the android phones are just better in my opinion! At&t services sucks so does there customer service. My boss left Verizon cause there service sucked as well. Keep up the great prices and great service Sprint! You have a customer for life!!!

Journeyman MSF
Journeyman

Re: will Sprint get the iphone- from an at&t insider and happy sprint customer

Who cares!  The Evo is way better!

Journeyman

too many bad reports on the iphone. I had to left att&t because of bad coverage, however, when I was using the iphone, it was simply amaizing! to bad I had to move a small mid-west town where att&t does not care much about reception. Otherwise, I would have stayed forever with my iphone. Iphone has no rival yet.

Journeyman

Yeah... ummm that contract was up in 2011.  I think were going to get it soon.

Journeyman

I have to agree with you Android is a great OS, and Sprint has become a great cell company again.  Android is a great system, but when you look at Apple's OS, available apps and now TV shows and movies apple offers a better and more uniform experience.  I am not a Apple fan boy and I had a lot of hope for the android handset, but when the day ends the iPhone does what I want with less effort than the current android handsets.  That said I hope the iPhone does come to Sprint eventually not to replace the android phones, but so that it is sold along side the the android phones.  That way people can choose which phone meets their needs best. 

Journeyman

Im really sorry dude, but a lot of what u just said is just plain and simply, not true.

Now i love my sprint network, and i do agree that it is much better than AT&T, but keep in mind, you probably dont know more, yourself, than an entire company. Apple made the decision to go with AT&T for a reason and no matter how much we think we know, we will never know the ENTIRE reason why.

Now that is neither here nor there. Let me break your comments down...

• AT&T does not suck bad. They are actually fine. You may be in a bad area, Sprint has those too. But go ahead and check their coverage, they are MUCH more available than you are giving them credit for.
  • Their Data is not slow. Its the next fastest data, behind Sprint, by only a little. Do some research and you will come to the same realization.
  • As for the Evo having more features.... eh.... that depends on what u mean by features really. But, of course, one thing is not going to throw the scales off-balance.
  • True, iPhone cannot output to TV, i wish it could.
  • Evo has better tech specs (kind of) for the camera, but almost any honest evo user would agree when i say that the camera when it comes to video recording is CRAP in comparison to the iphone 4. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waq8jMLT2Ro and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GB8YYe0UCU this guy did a test by building a device that can carry both phones at the same time so he can record. These are recorded on the phones default settings. And if u didnt know, the Evo captures at 20fps while the iphone 4 is 30fps)
  • Bigger screen yes, faster screen no. Research
  • Android is versatile, yes, but is ridiculously fragmented and  not secure. This is fact. This is exactly why, according to Netflix representative Greg Peters, Netflix isnt on the Android system yet.
  • Widgets are nice, yes, but they cant make up for the lack of applications in comparison to the iphone app store.
  • You already mentioned customization
  • Google voice is nice, but apple offers alternatives (lol, plus i dont, personally, know anybody who uses google voice. lol)
  • I agree, the sprint network is better. Hands down
  • Keep in mind that there are two sides to grass. The side that you are on, and the other side. If you change sides, the other side (the one you just came from) will become greener over time.

Now, i want the evo; its a very nice phone. But if the iphone was on sprint, i would choose it. The general public prefers an OS like the iphone. No hassle, easy to use. Android lets you roam free, yes, but there are consequences for that. Apple says, we will protect you and give you a seamless experience, but you have to live under our umbrella.

So, i agree with you in part, but i have to mostly disagree, because of the facts.

Journeyman

Yeah I hate they made that decision to go to AT&T just for the iphone I did it to.....It takes someone who either worked for AT&T or owned a iphone to tell you how much there not worth the hassel....I owned a Iphone 3gs with AT&T the 3g coverage was very spotty,no insurance,bill was like 155$ a month,dropped calls,AT&t claim to have the fastest 3g network is only true when you have good 3g signal and nw you cant get nlimited data??thats the underline reason of having a iphone lol thats sad.......Dnt get me wrong the Iphone is a beast phone just not with AT&T that person who did that i can garuntee you is no longer happy with the iphone....Now im back with sprint and loving them....I have The EVO is ok I still think under the hood the Iphone is better "Under the Hood" But for 80$ a month and being able to talk all i want with any mobile phone ill do without it until they get it or if not i'll stick with the galaxy phones,my evo or a black berry....

Journeyman

From a person who had an iphone for two years. Forget it and get an EVO. I dumped my iphone for and EVO in July and have never been happer. Best phone on the market right now.

AT&T sucks bad. Their network is horrible and the data is so sloooooooooow. So many dropped calls and anytime I tried to use the net it was like I was on dial up. And that was with the iphone 3g.

EVO has so many more features not available on iphone

HDMI port to plug your phone into your TV.

Better camera and video recording.

Faster and bigger screen

Android is so much more versitle and customizeable than iphone too.

Widgets alone make Android better.

How you can customize so much more.

Ability to use Google Voice and make VOIP calls for free

Sprint is Better network

Way faster on 3G. Anyone that says otherwise has not used and iphone and EVO side by side.

Better service and coverage. My friend and I went fishing in central Cali I had service on my EVO he had no service on iphone.I had been bragging about my EVO and how much better it was he never believed me. Then when his phone didn't have service so he started using mine. After 10 minutes he changed his story and tolf me how much better my EVO was.

If your on Sprint and are pineing for the iphone. Just remember the grass is always greener. Take 10 minutes to play with the EVO and you will be convinced.

For the guy who said he hates his EVO and is in the Sprint store all the time to get it fixed. You either have a lemon phone or just have no idea how to use your phone.

So funny. As I'm writtin this my wife just started swaring because he iphone dropped her call, for the third time. LOL She can't switch to Sprint because her employer has a contract with ATT and she has to stay with them if she wants if paid for by work. Needlless to say we rely on my phone anytime we are out of town and need to look stuff up because her's is so slow on ATT

Message was edited by: ogre1865