cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

SOLVED
Journeyman

Sprint has been losing money on every quarter, their stock price is down to all time low, the only money they can get is to rip off their customers. I can imagine my bill will go up every few months. It is time to switch to pre-paid!!!

Journeyman

Re: Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

Is that illegal?? I signed 2 years contract with Sprint, during this 2 years, my plan should NOT be changed. The new plan should only affect the new coming customer or whoever plan to switch to family plan.

Am I correct??

Master

I am not sure what change you are referring you   we did change the break down of how we charge for the lines

family share data 1500  was 129.99 for the plan with the second line at no charge  19.99 for each additional line

Now family share plan is  110.00 and each additional line is  19.99 so for a share plan with two lines is 129.99 same as before.

It will effect how the discounts are applied to the plan .

Journeyman

Same here, since the "change" of charging me 129.99 with 2nd line free, and now charging 110 a month and 19.99 a month for second line, my bill is now higher because my discount is not applied to the 129.99 but the 110 instead. Making my bill $10.00 higher per moth. Time to cancel that use to be free line, since the contract is already up. Sprint, if you want to keep customers you shouldnt change prices all the sudden to get more money out of them. Your already getting over$200 a month from me and thats TOOOO much!

Journeyman

I noticed the same thing. It's ridiculous!!!!

Journeyman

According to the contract I signed, since Sprint changed the plan, we can cancel our contract and not incur any early termination fees.  I'll be looking for new service this weekend. 

P.S. That's a loss of 4 lines + the additional line I would have been adding later this year.

Journeyman

Wow, way to show your true colors so soon sprint. I just started service with you guys in November of 2011 and added my GF to my plan in Decmber. The only reason I went with sprint instead of another (faster) service was because you guys had an establised relationship with my employer and I got a discount. Now you go and change things in order to get more money out of us. I guess all the reasons people use to warn me away from Sprint are still true. Here I was that you guys had changed and deserved a chance, I hope this change voids my contract so I can go get service at a company that respects their customers.

Journeyman

I'll add my $.02 here too.  Another example of nickel and dime-ing your customers Sprint. 

I've called over 35 times complaining about duplicate text messages, delayed voice mails, calls going directly to voice mail and not ringing the device, network being busy constantly, and after 6 months I finally get a rep who tells me there is a wide area upgrade going on in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton/Hazleton Pennsylvania since May 2011, with original completion date of Dec 31 2011, now May 31 2012, so 7 months to a year to do a capacity upgrade.  So after dealing with these issues for 9 months, and another 3 months of waiting, you hit me with more more charges and cutting back on my discounts.  I have two lines that the contract is up on April 30, and guess what...  they're getting cut.  And as each of the 3 reminaing lines come up, they will be dropped as well.  Way to piss off your customer Sprint.  Now I see why you're one of the lowest rated nationwide cellular providers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am mad because they did this AND because I had to look on google to find out why.  I am a 'premium' customer and this is how you treat me?  You guys screwed up bigtime.

Journeyman

This is crap. By doing this, they are raising your price by $4 a month. When you call to complain, they just tell you that you are allowed to cancel the servie, or just take it.

Sprint, I hope you are listening. YOU are forcing me to cancel your service. I was told that the Employee Discount applied to all services, but that was just wrong. It only applies to items over $19.99. What about that 2Gig data plan that I have on the tablet for $29.99? Not discounted. Extra phone lines? $19.99 a piece WITH a mandatory $10 charge that keeps them below the threshold for the discount. Sprint, you are being underhanded and I do not appreciate it.

You are HANDING customers over to your competition. Congrats!