cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

I feel you man! I've been with Sprint for 8 or 9 years and now I'm looking at other options. Most of the charges I could understand back then to build out their 3G network, but now they are just failing me left and right.

So how have they been raping me?

• First they consolidate plans into one package so you have no choice but to accept the full amount of everything. They call this a convenience. I can't drop text messages to save money anymore or price cut where I see fit. They entice you with more minutes, which most people hardly use anymore and they know it.
  • They took away gold/silver memberships to say screw you to existing customers. Thanks Sprint.
  • Any new smart phone you upgrade to you are forced onto a 4G plan and pay an extra $10 per phone. Keep in mind my area doesn't even support 4G! I'm paying $20 a month for my wife and I to operate a smart phone on 3G. Sprint is going LTE now and bailing on 4G eventually, so it was a piss poor choice for them to do 4G and pass this cost onto customers. My company discount does not apply to this amount because they refuse to roll it into my package.
  • Now they are charging for my wife's handset as well. I look at my bill and I see it increasing every 6 months to a year or so because of these little charges they like to throw in here and there.

Quite honestly I'm getting fed up with it and shopping for other service providers now. Really, they all charge a lot and rape you for what you get, but at least I know my phone will work in my damn office building like many of my other co-workers service providers.

Really there isn't enough choice in the market. Sprint cries fowl when AT&T tries to buy T-Mobile, but if it was Sprint doing the purchasing, they wouldn't be on the consumers side at all.

Journeyman

I am also fed up with Sprint and was told I can get out of the contract up to March 7th with no penalty. So good bye to Sprint!

Journeyman

Here's the thing about this that really bothers me--the loss of good will. How many other industries have not just customers, but advocates? You always here happy customers extolling the virtues of their cellphone service providers, and you read how soome people will give up sex before they give up their cellphones. You have people who proudly show off their phones with carrier branding, and you have people who create and post on what are essentially carrier fan pages--what other industry has this?

You cannot BUY that kind of customer goodwill--and the cellphone carriers are risking it all for a couple of bucks a month.

Now, in Sprint's case, they are not making a profit at present--even before the iphone (Sprint saw increased revenue, but the cost of the iphone hurt their bottom line), so I guess them squeezing a couple of dollars extra out of subscribers each month makes sense, but do do it now is bound totick people off. After reporting its best quarter in years as far as signing up new subscribers (1.6 million in the 4th quarter), they are immediately screwing these new customers (and older ones).

It's no way to build carrier loyalty.

Journeyman

yeah, we're all understanding that if you'd read the responses. But we think it really sucks that sprint is deciding to screw so many of there long time existing customers and even the new ones that they were acquiring because of the unlimited plan by splitting the charges so that our discounts don't apply.  It was a sneaky and deceitful way to squeeze more money out of their customers to make up for their shortfalls and not a popular thing to do in these economic times when people are trying to make ends meet and spending what little they have on cell service.  Not a real good way to treat those that have been around for a long time. They already charge the extra $10 per line per month for 4G when THERE IS NO 4G! They seem to be charging more for service that is not getting better.  It used to be so good. Now, not so much.

Journeyman

Didn't these idiots learn from Netflix and Bank of America?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has always been better to new customers than to the old one.  Get 'em in and then screw 'em. 

Journeyman

Funny 14KNIGHT.  You say "I am not sure what change you are referring you" (sic)  And then you go on to explain the change your customer is so enraged over.  We can do math, 14KNIGHT.  Discounting a smaller number at the same percentage results in a smaller discount.  So it's not "same as before." 

Journeyman

Hey there, 14Knight.

Now that you see the math, and here how everyone is upset, will Sprint do anything about it?

Will they repect their customers enough to change the dishonest, and underhanded way that they keep customers paying more?

Will Dan Hesse ever see our comments?

Does Dan Hesse even care any more?

Just wondering what the next step is.

Journeyman

I've always been a defender of Sprint because of some of the things they've done for me as a customer such as waive a bill during Christmas, and given me discounts when I just called in a problem.  I even have my AirWave for free so I can get a cell phone signal in my house.

I defended them when the iPhone came out, and even when we lost our premier status.  I'm even looking into a new carrier now. 

Journeyman

Remember how they grandfathered in all those already unlimited data plan subscribers ( not many) , just before the 10.00 smart phone fees applied