cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

SOLVED
Journeyman

This is what I saw when I looked at my bill today. How the hell can Sprint do this to me? I just signed a two year agreement with them in January for two Iphones and a set monthly price. I have had this plan for almost two years now and they have the balls to do this to me. WTF!!! I want out of my two year agreement. I just upgraded last month and signed a new two year contract.

Will somebody from Sprint call me and please explain how my plan can change like this in one month???

Monthly charge for service plan

$110.00

Plan Includes

• Everything Data Share Plan
  • Line 1: $110.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
  • Lines 2-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge
  • 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes
  • Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime
  • Nationwide Long Distance Included
  • Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
  • Nights: M-Th 7pm-7am Wknd: F 7pm-M 7am
  • Caller ID
  • Call Waiting
  • Three-Way Calling
  • Voicemail

Plan add-ons

• VoiceMail Included

$0.00

• VoiceMail Included

VoiceMail

$0.00

Unlimited Any Mobile, Anytime

• Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

$0.00

• Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm

• Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint Nav

$0.00

• Data/Msg/Amer Roam/Sprint Nav

Unl Data/Msg/Amer Roam/GPS Navigation

• Premium Data (required for this device)

$10.00

• Premium Data (required for this device)

We require this add-on for phones made to deliver a superior wireless experience including Web, email, video and social networking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
54 REPLIES
Master

Re: Here is goes. Sprint changing the family share plan.

If you have no discount applied to your account nothing has changed but the way it appears on your bill. Your plan or pricing did not change.

Journeyman

I have a discount and i have a problem with this.  first i will lose 5.00 a month and over the year that is 72.00.  in addition, now Sprint can charge me for partial months on that 2nd line when i upgrade or switch and they never could do that before.  i 100% agree that this is some *****************.  i have been a Sprint customer for 12 years and am looking for someone to explain this to me.  My bill already is 350 per month and i just feel like i am being nickeled and dimed to death now.

Journeyman

I'm on the same boat.

Funny thing is that if you go to Sprint.com and you go to start a new plan, the Family Plan 1500 minutes shows $129.99 with Line 2 included...either I'm crazy or the new customers are getting a better deal than the current customers...

First rule of marketing people: It's cheaper to maintain a current customer than to go after a new one to replace that customer you just lost...........................

I guess they're trying to find a way to make up for the $480 million in losses due to the iPhone...

I'm pissed!

Journeyman

The message Sprint sent out said, they will no longer offer the service discount on secondary lines on family and business plans.

Guess what Sprint? On my family plan the secondary line was free. There was no discount on my secondary line. It was free! No discount was ever on it.

Sprint is up to no good as usual. I'm getting crap service averaging less than 300 kpbs and I can't use the phone's features as advertized. Can't stream to good on it's service unless I'm near WiFi. All this for another $10.00 a month.

Sprint, you need a nice Class action lawsuit against you.

And Sprint says it needs to make changes to deliver what matter most to their customers. Yeah right.

Journeyman

Any Sprint people will try to answer that? My guess is the response will not be on here for a loooooooooooong time...

We're correct, and your website shows that the 2nd line is free...check your own website!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master

It also states -

Lines 1-2 (included)

Lines 1-2 are included in the base price of our family plans. Charges for secondary line will bill separately from primary line.

Journeyman

I got screwed for 3G download speed, now my family plan got screwed too.. end up I'm paying $5+ more.. another reasons I will dump Sprint once my contract is over.

Way to go Sprint!!!!

Journeyman

Will I am happy I am not the only one that has this problem. But I am pissed that it is happening. I have a discount and now my bill went up $6 bucks becuse of this change. And the funny thing is I just got a new phone on my secound line yesterday so now I am stuck with a 2 year contract on that line. I am the same and have been with sprint for 7 years and my bill has been the same but nope them just wanting more and MORE of my money for there not so 100% service.

Journeyman

I, too, just signed up for a third line, just before I got the noticfication that my employee discount would only apply to the primary line. Also, I got bombeb with a $36 activcation fee which I my employee discount waived before, AND and additional $10.81 a month in fees. So, the $9.99/mo add-a-line, plus $5.00 text turned into $25.80 extra each month, plus $36.00 activation, plus a loss of $5.00/mo discount added $66.80 to my Feb. bill and $28.30/mo for  the 3rd line.  I should have kept my kid on Virgin Mobile!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.