cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint says my essential phone is unlocked but the phone says it it locked to the current UICC

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint says my essential phone is unlocked but the phone says it it locked to the current UICC

Hey Al! I just sent you a PM a little bit ago.  I'll be glad to help with this!

Re: Sprint says my essential phone is unlocked but the phone says it it locked to the current UICC

I have same invalid sim issue when I try to insert t-mobile or att sim. I bought this phone on sprint and asked for unlock close to an year back. I tried talking to technical support and they said the phone is unlocked from their end.

Can someone send me the steps to 'prepare the phone to recieve unlock' process? I am a current sprint customer and the phone is fully paid off if that helps.

Thanks
Journeyman

Hi,

I also have the same issue. I have an Essential phone that got completely paid off & unlocked almost an year ago. But it got locked back to Sprint after the recent updates. When I call Sprint, they have no idea & are saying that the phone is unlocked per their system & they can't do anything else. I'm still a Sprint customer & using Sprint SIM. Still they can't do anything about this.

I sent a PM to Em_Will_I_Am. Hope to get the issue resolved soon.

Thanks much in advance for your great help.

With regards,

Jein.

Sprint Social Care

Hey there coolwhiz, this sounds like something we need to take a look at. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to review it at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hi jeinutheen, let's take a closer look into this matter for you. I have also sent you a Private Message, review it when you have a chance.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Unlock worked now. Thanks to everyone who helped.
Highlighted
Community Manager

BOO-YAH!!

@coolwhiz wrote:
Unlock worked now. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

BOO-YAH!!

Any chance to get my phone workSmiley Indifferent

Community Manager

Who knows.  With all the rooting and romming you did on it, who knows where to begin without physically having access to the phone.

@Rwin01 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

BOO-YAH!!

Any chance to get my phone workSmiley Indifferent

Journeyman

Phone never rooted , never installed custom rom on it .
I tought you gonna help .
Thanks anyways
GoodBye
Community Manager

LOL!  

@Rwin01 wrote:
Phone never rooted , never installed custom rom on it .
I tought you gonna help .
Thanks anyways
GoodBye

Journeyman

Not funny
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat