cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO YOU HAVE A $9.99 CHARGE????SHORT CODE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON SPRINT BILLS!@

Journeyman

DO YOU HAVE A $9.99 CHARGE????SHORT CODE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON SPRINT BILLS!@

I was dismayed to learn that although I personally am required to provide my PIN when accessing sprint regarding my account ANYONE WITH A SHORT CODE SCAM CAN SEND MY PHONE TEXT AND GET MONEY FROM SPRINT BY CHARGING MY ACCOUNT.

Today I was provided excellent care and had this resolved with customer service via phone.

But, there are thousands of people being ripped off in theses scams every day and Sprint CHOOSING to leave the door open and not advise customers this happens since the are AUTOMATICALLY OPTED IN is complicit in these fraudulent scams. SPRINT, I CHALLANGE YOU TO OPT EVERYONE OUT IN YOUR SYSTEM, GIVE THEM THE OPTION TO OPT IN SHOULD THEY LIKE JUST LIKE WE DO BY SELECTING OTHER OPTIONS. STOP THE FRAUDULENT CHARGES, STOP THE WASTE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS TIME, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE TIME, STOP THE COMPAINES THAT KNOW THEY CAN DO THIS AND GET MONEY FROM THIS SYSTEM.

1 REPLY
Highlighted

Re: DO YOU HAVE A $9.99 CHARGE????SHORT CODE FRAUDULENT CHARGES ON SPRINT BILLS!@

TTRAUERNICHT, Opting everyone out of this service could provide issues for a lot of customers. In order to receive short codes you do have to subscribe to the service. Most are opted in to particular short codes by taking surveys, filling out surveys at fairs and visiting particular websites which you enter your cell phone number in. At that time the short code provider will send you a text advising you have been opted in to the service and to reply with the work stop if you wish to opt out. The reason I stated blocking all this service could cause isssues is because some people receive text from thier bank, contests they may enter and social websites. By opting everyone out of the service it would disable them from being able to receive such texts and could actually drive more calls in to sprint because more customer use the service more then dont. I am happy to hear that they did get the issue resolved and apologize for the inconvience.