cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I block Unwanted Phone Calls.

SOLVED
Journeyman

How do I block Unwanted Phone Calls.

I am finding lots of related enteries without a specific solution on the this topic.  How do I block specific phone numbers from calling me?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES

Re: How do I block Unwanted Phone Calls.

Japerdzock, thanks for your post, you can block unwanted phone calls right here on sprint.com yourself. Under the 'My Sprint' tab at the top, click on 'My Preferences', you will then see an option to 'block voice'. If needed you can also block unwanted text messages. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

that blocks all voice, I want to block one specific number

Journeyman

Galaxy,

The last bullet option on that page, "Block only the following phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls" is what you are looking for. When you pick that, you will be able to enter up to 50 numbers to block for both inbound and outbound. Don't forget to hit the 'Save' button at the very bottom of the screen!

Journeyman

I don't have a "block voice" option under my preferences.  Why do you think that is?

Wizard

cemoore1225,

When you log into your sprint.com account, then select on my preferences you should see something like this:

All about my account

My account info

Limits and permissions

If you are not seeing anything similar to what is listed above, then you may not have permission to make changes to your account (not the account holder). If so, then you will want to contact the account holder, or call us at 888-211-4727 to assist with making the requested changes.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Markie_B is it possible, or has Sprint considered, incorporating to the "Block voice" or other mechanisms an ability to block either by Area Code, or by Area Code and Exchange?

There is at least one VERY ANNOYING cruise line in Seattle WA that hammers our phones with telemarketing calls. I don't know how they manage to change their calling numbers, but so far I have collected 5 of them in the (360) 460- and (360) 461- and (360) 477- exchanges and it looks like we will have to continue to get these annoying calls and block their individual numbers as they have as I've said change the numbers they phone from. If Sprint can't do AC or AC/Exchange blocking, maybe they can complain to the FCC about these guys?

Journeyman

One important piece of information was left off.  After selecting Block Voice, scroll down, you'll see the words:  Who do you want to block?  Click on your name and number, you'll see the drop down menu mentioned in #3 above for further information. 

This is not a good way for Sprint to present this to a user.  It's scary clicking on your name and number thinking you're going to block all phone numbers.  Why not just provide it as an option?  Why do you have to choose your phone first?  Click the option and then the phone for families with multiple phones.  Sprint are you listening?

Journeyman

Use Google voice and just hit the spam option to block the number and the spam filter makes google voice smarter the more you use it like in gmail, but remember you can't really complain when a service is free to use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Great point, Rosie. It's a very, very stupid way to set it up - asking us who we want to block, and the only option appears to be clicking on your own phone number. Geesh.