cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint only cares about new customers?

Journeyman

I have a family plan with 5 lines.  We've been with Sprint for about 15 years.  I decided to upgrade 4 of the 5 phones and was going to be charged about $150 in activation fees by ordering online.  Since I don't recall paying these fees in the past, I decided to stop in the new Sprint store just down the road from my house.  The manager informed me that they can only waive the fees for NEW customers.  However, she stated that Sprint's customer service reps can waive the fees (if I happen to get a nice person when I call in).  Yes, she said that. 

I called Sprint's customer service and was told the new store manager didn't know what she was talking about.  Only the store can waive the fees (unless you are a NEW customer).  I was told to try another store.

I called another Sprint store today that's not too far from my house.  I explained what I'd been told so far and was told.......no one can waive those fees.  They stopped waiving fees in October for anyone except NEW customers. 

So being a loyal customer to Sprint for 15 years has gotten me nowhere.  All they care about is the NEW customer that will just leave at the end of their contract to go somewhere else anyway.  When I mentioned that it benefits me to go elsewhere, the person I last spoke with claimed I couldn't get a better price than with Sprint.  I beg to differ....I've already checked online and can get the same plan (or better) cheaper or the same price at ANY other carrier. 

My recommendation to others, don't give your loyalty to this company because they just don't care. 

13 REPLIES
Master

Actually I am showing there is a promotion to have the activation fee waived that ends today.

$36 Waive Activation Fee Promotion  sprint.com will waive activation fee for web sales during promotion period of time. Customers may take advantage of offer on sprint.com 01-17-2012 01-22-2012

So if you haven't already upgraded, today would be a good day to do it to avoid any activation fee.

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

That would be fantastic if it worked!  I just tried it online and it's charging me $36 per line activation.  And why wouldn't the store OR Sprint customer service tell me this when I called?  I swear, Sprint customer service just flat out sucks.  Why on earth I've been with you for 15 years is beyond me!

Journeyman

On the phone with customer service right now and being told it is only on NEW LINES OF SERVICE.  LOL

Journeyman

same here!

A loyal customer to Sprint for 15 years has gotten me nowhere.

I have been with Sprint when they had nothing but crappy phone, and stuck it out! Now all they care about is the NEW customer.

What made Sprint different than the rest was the fact that the did not nickle and dime you to death!

Now its a fee for data, a fee to add a phone, a fee to transfer a phone, I can hardly wait for Sprint to tell us that the data fee will be going up, you know so our awsome 4g coverage! waht a joke!

My advice to anyone who asks me how i like sprint is...Forget about Sprint, because they just don't care. !!!!!

goodbye!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree Sprint is only after what we have in our wallets...our money. I have only been a Sprint customer for a year and want to cancel my service. Sprint by far has had the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life, all their techs in their repair centers should all be fired or better trained on the phone they "claim" to "repair". They need us more than we need them without us they would not have a company. They have lost sight of that and its high time we as customers show them that. I am disgusted by how I was treated and then told how to vote on my surveys.... That was a load. No wonder they got to be #1 in customer service they told everybody how to vote. I would be #1 too if I told people how to like me too. Makes you wonder how many of our negative experiences make it to the actuall count in their surveys to win awards...hummmm makes you wonder huh

Journeyman

Re: Sprint only cares about new customers?

I just got my bill and I did my upgrade online because of this same promotion you saw. I was able to process the transaction and kept my order summary. It said "none" for charges regarding activation fee and next bill charges and they still billed me. I called and they said it was in my electronic contract. I don't get why the system allowed my to process the order without indicating it applied to only new lines. My order summary says "Upgrade Order".  This was very misleading and I am waiting for them to send my the electronic order to see if it says anything different from my order summary which the representative states it does. I am so pissed at this point. I called sprint about the promo and I also visited the store regarding the promo and they acknowledged that it will be waived if I did it online which is why i did it. Now I have to deal with disputing the fee and there flawed online system.

Journeyman

At least you found out the easy way. I ordered my phone with the understanding that their was no activation fee due to the promo. Now I am suprised to see the $36 on my bill this month. I am now trying to dispute it. Normally I would leave it alone but I know what I saw and did online. I don't see how the order transaction was done and I was able to activate my new phone with my same phone number if it did not apply. My order summary clearly shows "Upgrade Order Summary" with NONE for next bill charges (including activation fee, etc)

Journeyman

I opened up a new account with two lines and still got hit with the activation fees for both lines, and when i called sprint to ask about it the supivisor  was rude, so i threaten to cancel and she told me to go ahead and cancel if that's what i wanted to do but i would be charged with the early termination fee. wow, i am going to cancel. Sprint is rude and incompitent.

Journeyman

I went to activate an iphone and got socked by a $10 premium data.  The worst thing is that sprint activated the phone on the line I was calling in on.  The line went dead and the next thing I know, I have lost 6 important voice mails and also now have a $10 premium data charge for a HTC Touchpro that I have had for over a year.  Sprint will only get one more month of charges out of me of $167.  Their service is slow and their customer service sucks.  I can't believe I have been this stupid for over 10 years as a customer.  Good luck finding new customers because all your loyal customers are leaving.  Last one out, shut off the lights!!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.