cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

Wizard

1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Operating system upgrade from Android 4.1.1 to 4.2.1, including:    

- Redesigned camera interface and new Photo Sphere feature (a 360-degree panorama mode) 

- Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards; swipe down with two

fingers to view notifications; tap the notification to expand and take action on it.

- Lockscreen widgets to access certain apps without unlocking the screen; sidescroll right for

camera or left for other widgets (time and weather, gmail, etc.)

Important Notes:

- Software version is: L700GA02

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period.

Device selection is random

- Refer to the Galaxy Nexus Software Update blog for install instructions

63 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 1/30 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - L700GA02 (Android 4.2.1)

Ever since I installed the update I've been having random odd issues. For instance, I was on a call and when I pulled the phone away from my face the screen wouldn't wake back up. Also I get random system freezes. Also, I've had 2 random reboots as well.

Random issues like those are unfortunately usually fixed by a factory reset as they are most likely caused by an issue with a installed app. None of those are known issues with 4.2.1.

Journeyman

Well I hope I get it soon.On my Viper it took almost 12 days before I got ice cream sandwhich update..

Journeyman

New issues now. I pulled my phone off the charger this morning and it wouldn't turn on, ended up having to pull the battery. This isn't the first time its "died" with  full charge. Also more random reboots, UI tears, UI lag and screen freezes. This is also after a factory reset.

Journeyman

Also, my phone is now getting hotter then ever. The processor reached 130° while I was simply browsing the web over 3G.

Journeyman

Anyone else experiencing issues using the hot spot feature? I use it to connect to XBox but after the update I can no longer do this.

Wizard

CaMelGuY1337,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this issue and this does bring major concerns.  At this time we have not receive reports of a trend of these issues you have been experiencing after the update.  Not many customers have received the update yet so it may be some time before we receive more information on any issues with the update.  Generally the troubleshooting you have performed already (power cycle and reboot to factory settings) are steps we would take over the phone or here on community.  We would recommend at this time to allow one of our in-store technicians to evaluate your device and review these especially with your device over-heating at such extreme temperatures which can start to affect your battery quality.  Locate the closest repair center here http://www.sprintstorelocator.com and let us know the outcome as we rely on our customers' feedback.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Wizard

GigaWat,

Sorry for any delays on your previous update.  OTA can take anywhere between 10-21 days which can vary for all updates based on size of updates, changes that the update perform, number of users, etc.  Let us know if you don't receive within the designated timeframe.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Wizard

cocorunner,

We would be happy to look into this matter to see what's going on.  We don't have any reports of a known issue with this feature at this time.  What errors do you receive when attempting to utilize your hotspot (phone and/or Xbox)?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.