Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

203 REPLIES
Master

Re: 10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Hello miran.kaelyne,

Select manufactures offer limited warranty coverage on phones and devices and turnaround time is usually 7 to 10 days. The creator of the device is in charge of sending out the updates.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is highly unlike me to even think of - much less suggest - but has anyone heard of the possibility of a class action suit for this (against Google or Samsung or the provider if it's shown they could have offered Android-version-rollbacks as an immediate fix)?

In our case, we bought 2 GNex's out of pocket.  They worked until the update.  Fortunately, we're not on a contract plan so we could have left...and had some lovely paperweights for our $800+ total investment only 6 months prior.  If we had been on a contract plan, we would have purchased phones from the provider that explicitly did not work on the network after an essentially required update.  (I'm so sick of seeing it in the notification bar...)  In our case it was a bad purchase and we probably wouldn't have much recourse.  In most cases, though, it seems like their has to be something in a cellphone contract that says that your phone will at least be supported for the term of said contract...otherwise why are you required to pay for data just for getting a smartphone?  Why aren't you offered free early termination and/or a new phone to continue getting service?  The internet has figured out why this is happening - more or less - so I find it hard to believe that nobody getting paid to research this stuff understands what's going on.

(Apologies if I mixed up anything with how the contracts work, I really have nothing to go off of but my memory.)

Master

rrquintanilla, Sorry that the issue was not able to get fixed at the store. We will continue our work with Samsung, to get this issue resolved. We definitely want to make sure everything works correctly with the new device. Let us know if anything happens. Thank you for being a loyal Sprint customer. Fernendez Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

@ Andi R. Sprint Social Care Team:

Just a follow up - I went in to a Sprint Store and spoke to a manager who basically said there's nothing that could be done at store level with the issues I have.  He offered doing the hard reset & reprogramming but was aware I've gone through that several times after explaining the history of the problems.  He suggested using the insurance to replace the phone but again the issues are not with that particular phone but with the Android 4.3 update and the inability or unwillingness of Sprint or Samsung to address the concerns of customers.

I have opt to get a Galaxy S5 with the new option to get a phone with out having to wait for my "upgrade" that wasn't due until next year.  I'm hoping with the new(er) device that there won't be the type of problems or lack of care, concern or support from Sprint and Samsung in working with those that chose companies that stand on a reputation of outstanding customer service.

Richard Q

Journeyman

Plan is shared with brother - Sprint updated/changed plan from what used to be unlimited data to one with a cap on it.  I'll look at billing info and get back with you.  hit program code but was brought to a screen to "Check MSL"  I cancelled since this did not reset the phone to reactivate.  Will try a "repair" center but I'm always given the usual apology and a hard reset done on the phone then sent on my way.  It's NOT the phone as others have described here, it's a issue with the phone and the upgrade that was done some time back.  What's the status on that issue at this time?

Got another message about approaching data limit. How can that be with all the connections issues?  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Master

rrquintanilla,

This is not good. What plan are you currently on? I'd like to take a look at this. As far as the connection goes, can I have you try dialing *#*#72786#*#*? This will reboot the device and force reactivation. I would recommend taking the device into a service and repair location near you for them to fully diagnose the device and run a test on the battery.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Still having the problems, have got several message from other Customer Care Reps but it's the same with each. No update to resolution on the problems associated with the 4.3 upgrade i.e. battery drainage and slow/no data connection. 

Journeyman

Jeffery, yes I'm still using the Nexus.  I also got a message about approaching my data limit with the plan I'm currently on.  I use the data but try to use wi-fi as much as possible.  It's a little difficult to see the limit being reached when a lot of the time I'm faced with "No Internet Connection"  I don't know if the problems with connecting is related to the issues with the Nexus and the Android 4.3 update or not.  I'm sure there will be an explanation about the data similar to a gas pump - weather it's a slow or fast delivery the amount being billed is accurate...

What's the latest on the resolution for the problems associated with the update i.e. battery drainage, no or slow data?  It's been several month and see no hope of anything coming from Sprint or Samsung.

thx

Richard Q

Screenshot_2014-05-16-13-39-51.png

Master

rrquintanilla, Thank you for providing that information. There was a network outage in your area causing issue with increased dropped calls, blocked calls, no service, roaming, loss of 3G, EVDO, and LTE, or slow data connections. Our network resolved network issues as of yesterday and the service should be back to normal. In addition, capacity upgrades are scheduled to begin in Corpus Christi in the next 3 months. Are you still using the Galaxy Nexus? Jeffery Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Current location is near Gollihar and Prescott - Corpus Christi, Tx 78416.  Battery drain is still an issue.  I keep a charger or spare battery on hand.  This phone is into the 2nd year of the contract and looking for other options for phone with better battery life and similar features.

thx

Richard Q