cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Journeyman

Re: 10/31 - Galaxy Nexus Software Update - GJ04

Of course they acknowledge it. Doesn't change the fact that they wont do anything by way of satisfying its customers. I recently updated my software to 4.3 on Thursday. Friday afternoon came and I starting getting random reboots. Saturday morning, phone wouldn't turn out. Called Sprint only to be directed to a store in which I received the poorest customer service ever! Was given my phone and told they couldn't do anything because they couldn't get their PC to acknowledge my phone. Called Sprint back, attempted factory reset with rep over the phone. Phone just  kept looping. Rep acknowledges there is a software issue, transferred me to Assurion and they inform me that my phone is still under warranty so I shouldn't have to file a claim. They get me back to sprint and I get the rudest rep who wouldn't even look into my account properly and then refused to transfer me to a supervisor. Was told that even if she decided to get me to a supervisor, I would be waiting 45 minutes. Hung up and her, called back, only to get a rude person named Pedro who was also unhelpful and when asked to give me his full name to report him to a supervisor, he told me he wasnt required to give me his full name then hung up on me. Called back. Long story short, Made about 10 calls to sprint in less than 48 hours. 2 trips to the store in which one resulted in nothing, the second reluctant trip resulted in being told that there was some sort of corrosion in the USB charging port which indicated water or condensation. Nonetheless, now stuck filing a claim with Assurion and having to pay out of pocket $150.00. I am currently on an account with an employee discount through my employer. I reached out to our sprint rep today and let him know that I am truly considering spreading my horror story with co-workers (almost 700) and start a boycott of Sprint.

Journeyman

My data was out (no email, texts or Web) after update.  Toggling Airplane on/off  worked for the first day, but then nothing.  Did factory reset, nothing.

Just came back up today, 4G and blue bars.  Seems to be OK now, but afraid to jinx it.  Chicagoland area.

Journeyman

No luck after the hard reset.  Sent Samsung another email about the issue and the say to also perform a factory reset as well.  Wondering if Samsung and Sprint are talking about the issue.  Going to try the hard reset AND factory reset.  Has anyone already tried this?  Going to contact Samsung again after the resets done and bring to their attention about others posting same issue on Sprint site... 

Journeyman

The water  or corrosion damage seems to becoming more prevalent in my dealings with Sprint.  Think it's become their quick answer when they DON'T have any answer and avoid having to take care of a customer.  My Nexus is still under warranty but Samsung says to deal with the phone provider first.  If no recourse there than send to them to evaluate the phone.  Hopefully this can be resolved before the warranty expires.

Journeyman

Let us know. If it gets fixed.

Journeyman

Here's an example of the issue I'm experiencing. Look at the white signal bars, no connection with Google servers. A bit annoyed that have to toggle data on and off to fix the data connection.

2013-11-10 18.30.59.png

Journeyman

GJ04 radio has known connectivity issues for our device, the toroplus. I highly doubt Google will make a hotfix for this considering this device will never receive 4.4 from Google.

I was having connectivity issues and a weird charging problem that started to occur - wouldn't charge past 69%. Turning data off or putting the phone into airplane mode then turning data back on helped but if the radio switches between wifi, 3g and or 4g and back, there will be no connectivity.

So I decided to flash the previous radio, GA02, and now my connectivity problems are gone. I am on stock 4.3 and yes, my phone is rooted.

Journeyman

Glad you were able to get the radio's backdated.

I still have the update pending on my phone.

I am holding off until  its fixed or patched.

Since you rooted, are you keeping your eye on the 4.4 ROM's that are out there?

Last week XDA had one for Sprint but was missing some of the features.

Let us know how the GA02 radio's work out.

Journeyman

Did the hard reset and the factory reset with no improvement.  Part of my problem at home is signal issues; NEED an Airwave to boost the signal there but visiting family in Austin where the signal and number of towers is much better but still have the connectivity issue.  Looks like I'm gonna drop the phone off at the Sprint Store here (an affilate or franchise store) but fell they're going to direct me to a Sprint (corporate) Service Center based on the problems I had with my Epic...  We'll see how it goes.

out-of-contract wrote:

GJ04 radio has known connectivity issues for our device, the toroplus. I highly doubt Google will make a hotfix for this considering this device will never receive 4.4 from Google.

I was having connectivity issues and a weird charging problem that started to occur - wouldn't charge past 69%. Turning data off or putting the phone into airplane mode then turning data back on helped but if the radio switches between wifi, 3g and or 4g and back, there will be no connectivity.

So I decided to flash the previous radio, GA02, and now my connectivity problems are gone. I am on stock 4.3 and yes, my phone is rooted.

The connectivity issues existed before GJ04 with the unofficial ROMs which all used the GA02 radios still. But I went ahead and gave it a try anyways since it certainly couldn't make things worse. Still have the same problem. Switching between WiFi and 4G worked fine at home as it did after my hard reset but as soon as it dropped to 3G on the way to work this morning it all quit working right again and I'm back to toggling airplane mode.

Highlighted
Journeyman

did more testing and to be honest, i am having the same problem when dropping to 3G. luckily there is only 1 area where i dont have 4G coverage, and that is on my commute to/from work. with the GA02 radio i am not losing any 4G connectivity while connected. with GJ04 i would be connected then lose connectivity at free random.

Journeyman

Richard: https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/138291?start=0&tstart=0

Pablo: I am sorry to inform you that we do not have access to third party links.

Richard: ok, if you had access you'd see other Sprint customers using the same model phone are experiencing the same issue.

Pablo: Okay.

Pablo: As I have checked the details in our database, I see that our technicians are working on the issue and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Richard: Any estimated time on resolution?

Pablo: I am sorry to inform you that we d not have the information on that, however the issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

Richard: ok, thank you for your assistance. My only option then is to wait.

Pablo: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Richard: No, that's it at this time.

Really?  How can Samsung Live Chat offer assistance if they cant see that other users are having the same problem with the update to 4.3   Looks like they're at least aware of the issue and hopefully have a solution soon.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat